1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Dodge 2500 4x4 360 gas red.

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by WilliamOak, Jun 22, 2009.

1. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I'm selling my truck (obviously lol), its a 2001 dodge 2500 4x4. 78,000 miles (still being driven daily so that number will change with time.). The truck is a regular cab 8' bed. I have owned it since last september. Just last month I put over $1700 into the front end. That included new: upper and lower ball joints, U joints on the front axle, and new bearings along with new U joint on the rear driveshaft. It is good to go for a long time now lol. It has NEVER been plowed with. It was a southern IL truck before I got it so there is very little if any rust anywhere. Here is a picture of the truck. If you would like any specific pictures please just let me know. Oh ya, I'm asking $9200, open to any/all reasonable offers. PM me for a phone #.

200.jpg

199.jpg

2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

why are ya getting rid of the truck?

3. WilliamOak

I'm going to be commuting to college (140 miles away), and I am looking to pick up an '01-'03 7.3. I have been seriously bitten by the diesel bug. lol.
    In all seriousness Id feel more comfortable running up the miles on a diesel vs gasser. This truck is in perfect shape though so itll be hard to let it go.

4. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck Colin....good luck with the sale!

5. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

6. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

7. K1500 4x4

K1500 4x4 Senior Member

its a nice truck. but your probably only gonna get 6K my truck had no rust it was mint like urs wiith only 50K and i only got 6k after i fixed it all up.

8. THEGOLDPRO

also for reference i got the red ram in my sig for under 8k with 70k miles and its a v10, not to mention its mint like yours. so sorry to say but $9200 is a rediculous asking price for that truck.

9. WilliamOak

I dont expect to get anywhere near $9200 (I actually have a # in mind that is much much lower than that). Its just more of a starting point. Hints the phrase "open to any all reasonable offers".
    ^goldpro, not trying to be a dick or anything with my last sentence, hope it doesnt come off that way.

10. THEGOLDPRO

no not at all, i just dont want you to have un-relistic expatations as to what you think your truck is worth, althoe it is a nice truck, and i wish i had the cash to take it off your hands, its just not worth what you were asking. relisticly thats prolly a 6500-7000 doller truck as it sits.

11. WilliamOak

Oh yea i hear ya, I'll give bottom dollar if anyone is truly interested through a PM. Idk if i mentioned in the first post (its in caps just so people notice it lol) but it also has REMOTE START

12. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Colin dont listen to the bashers.....$9200 is high though, I think more around $8200 would be fair price to sell it for. Any less and I would keep it. Around here for $6k you get a truck with 100k miles and its been plowed with.

13. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'll give ya a bump and can say it's a nice truck. I've seen it up close in person and it's in good shape.

14. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks clean...as a comparison of sorts in January I bought a 2004 Hemi powered in a similar truck (reg cab long bed) with just a touch over 100 k for $8300

15. WilliamOak

Hey guys, still for sale.... does $7k OBO (dont be an idiot tough) tickle anyone's fancy?

16. vwhite

vwhite Junior Member
    from Chicago

I will give you $5,820 for it lol

17. procut

procut Senior Member

Guessing by the pic in his sig I'm willing to bet he kept it and put a plow on it. I'm not one to come into the for sale section and argue over price, but he was never going to get what he was aksing, I would have said 6k tops.

18. WilliamOak

I think we can close this thread, this truck is staying with me for a while lol. Although I had a trade in offer for $5800 but that truck didn't work out.