1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 dodge 1500 sport

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by mopar/hiniker, Jan 16, 2007.

1. mopar/hiniker

mopar/hiniker Junior Member
    from iowa

i just got a brand new hiniker 7.5ft steel plow on my truck it brings the front end down quite a bit what can i do. i do not want to get a new truck i love this truck i use it for my lawn care jobs and it pulls 4 tractors on a trailer and sometimes a load a mulch in the bed along with the trailer. and it pulls it just fine plus it is also my farm truck for hay wagons and many more chores around the farm. and it is my off road truck when i get time on sundays. so as u can c i do not want to part wit my baby i just want it to stop saging up front thanks in advance y'all
  2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

The Dodge should have a straight axle front end in it, just replace the coil springs with something heavier! I had the same problem with my 2001 2500 Sport when we put the V-Plow on it. It made a nite and day difference and wasn't too expensive, your other option is timbrins or some form of load booster!
  3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Welcome to plowsite. I would agree that you should investigate Timbren's or some other form of load booster.
  4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

You can get new springs at your dealer fairly cheep. The 2500 with plow group uses a #38 & #39 coil spring, or you can get an even heaver spring if you wish.
    Tell them you need new springs for a 2500 #38 & #39

They are easy to install your self.
    You will not need a spring compressor ether. hint- loosen the sway-bar.

Take look at this thread it should answer any questions you may have.http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=11316&highlight=springs