1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Dodge 1500 Ram Sport

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Wayne G, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Wayne G

Wayne G Junior Member

I purchased a used series 29- 7' 6" snoway plow and have been having a nightmare since. Can anyone tell me what has to be done to the front bumper and to what extent to mount this particular plow. The truck is in show room condition and I don't want to destroy that look. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Worse case scenario remove (or trim) the lower fascia.

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

yeah with my curtis it was cut/remove the fascia, so i just ripped it off, no biggie.

4. Wayne G

Wayne G Junior Member

2001 Dodge 1500 Sport

Thanks for the two replys from "Basher" & "The Gold Pro". Problem is, this front bumper is all one piece, right up to the headlights. Trying to mount a "Snoway" 7'6" (has remote & DP) plow without making a major modifaction (cutting), or at least make it look professional. Has anyone done this and might be able to post a picture. I've mounted plow subframes before on "Fords", but this one has me stumped. I don't want to ruin the appearance of the truck......may have to put this plow on e-bay. Thanks to all....great site!

5. THEGOLDPRO

oh you might have a diffrent bumper then post a pic of yours, or what yours looks like.

6. 68dodgeramman

68dodgeramman Junior Member

Nice rig thegoldpro!

7. THEGOLDPRO

thanks man!!

8. THEGOLDPRO

dont mind this ghey ass truck, lol i found the pic on cardomain is this what your front bumper looks like???
    [​IMG]
    its def diffrent then so i really dont know what needs to be done to make a plow work, but it doesnt look too diffrent in size, so i dunno, here is mine with the plastic faschia taken off.
    [​IMG]

9. THEGOLDPRO

but actually from the looks of it the bumper on the one i posted does looks to be bigger almost like they stopped using the plastic fascia, and just kinda made the newer bumper bigger and molded in the fascia. hmmmmm

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I have a 97 1500 with the three pin 99100465 mount is in the shop right now.
    It's not a sport but there's lots of clearance below the bumper.
    It should fit under your bumper, although you may have to trim a couple slots for the side flanges, push it up some in the center and remove/relocate front license plate bracket.
    I'll list some measurements later.

Your truck is definitely a sport which has different lighting then the average ram of it's era. Make sure you specify the 'sport' when you get your harnesses. I have them if you can't find them local.

11. Wayne G

Wayne G Junior Member

2001 Sport

Yep....The front of my truck and the bumper look exactly like the picture of the blue ram that you sent. I know everyone's gonna say "cut the front bumper", but a replacement bumper is big$$$$. If I wanna sell the truck, I don't want a butchered bumper on it. Strange...that "snoway" list a Ram Sport separatly and the subframe is the same number as a regular 1500 series Ram, but needs a.. (what I would call, a major modifacation). I know the light harness is different for the "Sport" and I have the right one. Thanks for trying! May have to start over with this project...

12. THEGOLDPRO

yeah i see where your going with this, i wouldent want to cut my bumper up either, maybe you can find a plow that doesnt require you to cut the bumper, try blizzard, curtis,meyer, ect you never know one might not have to cut it up.

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I measured the mount on the truck today.
    13 1/3 to the top of the cross tube
    flanges are 1 1/4 forward of the foremost bumper bolt
    the high point is 8" higher and 4 1/2" foward of the crosstube
    the crosstube is inline with the front bolts.

the truck has 285/75/16 coopers on it.

hope this helps