1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 dodge 1500 off road meyer plow mount brackets question...

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dae04383, Jan 12, 2009.

1. dae04383

dae04383 Junior Member

I need to see how the brackets go from the mount back to the frame. The passenger side looks like it has all the holes to put bolts through but cant see in any diagram of them where it connects to the frame on the drivers side, and no holes. I bought the mount and it didnt come with the brackets so we were going to try to weld some angle iron between two plates connected to the frame and the mount...Anyways a good pic of one or two might help me tomorrow.

fyi also.....I had to put two spacer plates between the flat top side of the mount and where it bolts to my frame to keep the damn thing out of my bumper.

is the frame on my 01 off road sport 1500 any different than any previous 1500 4x4 or 2500? I know it has the factory 2 inch lift and upgraded shocks/springs/17 inch wheels... and i think a couple other heavy duty options that a regular 1500 4x4 doesnt have...

2. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

I had to do the same thing when i mounted my plow. One spacer plate with a piece of angle welded to that. Then i hooked the mounting bracket to that with kickers comming from behind the A-frame. Hasnt let me down yet. Dont be afraid to use your imagination when hooking this up. Just dont get to wild with your ideas and youll be ok, I see about comming up with some pictures if i can... getting belted with some serious snow right now so i dont know when ill be able to post em on here for you to check out.