1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Dodge 1500 4x4

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by itbeaghia, Aug 29, 2004.

1. itbeaghia

itbeaghia Junior Member

Hey Guys,

Just joined site and I'm new to the plowing. I have a 2001 4x4 dodge 1500. Will it handle a plow?
  2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

oh yeah a nice 7.5 meyers or western ultra mount no problem
  3. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 2001 Dodge 1500 ext cab short bed 5.9. I installed a Western Ultra 7.5 Pro and it plows beautifully. Can't say enough good things. The turning radius sux but it's all in the name of comfort.
  4. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

If you Go with :gunsfiring: Myer, Diamond, Western, or Boss plow your getting a cheap plow with a cheap price They may look nice but The Parts on those Plows Can Not Hold a Candle To Fishers Design and Duribilty. Fisher Makes A Very Nice 7'0 or 7'5 LD (Light Duty) Model or Even The RD (Regular Duty) model Especially For 1/2 Ton Trucks, This Plow is Equipped With The Minute Mount 2 System Which is Sooo Easy to Hook up. Fisher May cost alittle more but I Gurantee You It will Last Longer Than Any other Plow!
  5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

the new fisher are being made so strong anymore the reason i know this us a guy that works for them told me
  6. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

I have 2 Western conventionals that were put into service way before you were born. Last year I had the electric motor rebuilt on my oldest pump, it was put into service in the mountains of Colorado in 1965. I guarantee it has seen some abuse before I got it.
    I don't get where you say Diamond, Western, or Boss plow your getting a cheap plow with a cheap price.
    By the way Fisher and Western are made in the same plant,if I remember correctly.
    Mark K
  7. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Not a very educated thing to say. Granted, Fisher is a good plow. You just can't go generalizing other mfr's as being a cheap plow. I have Western equipment that has been in service for at least 20 years and is still going strong. I personally believe that Western is a fantastic system.
  8. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

We have one Western still is service that is 26 yrs old and still works great along with one that is 10 yrs old and we also have a Meyers that is 15 yrs old.Maintaining the equipment is the most inportant thing you can do to make these units last for so many years no matter who the manufacture is...these manufactures your criticizing have you used them to determine your facts?
  9. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Dodge Plowking.

How much money are you putting up behind that guarantee?

Just ribbing ya but remember, if you never try anything different you will never find anything better.. Have a nice day.
  10. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

Ok Guys That was just my opinion , My reason For that opinion Is that for 1 Ever Since I have been In plowing weather its drving or Sitting Next to my Father The only Plow We have ever bought was a Fisher. 2 I have Heard A lot of Landscapers say That Myers or Diamond plows have more wires exposed and the different parts just Didnt hold when Plowing Heavy piles of snow for a long time. and 3 Fisher is By far The most Popular Plow Used Altleast Where I am in Southern New England, and I think Thats Why Whenever You See a New Truck For Sale At a Dealer With a Plow on it. Most of the Time its a Fisher. Out Of all the Makes of Plows I metioned If I didnt Have a Fisher I would go With a Western. But Anywayz Im not trin to Rip Anyone who already owns a myer diamond or boss or western Their All Made to do the same Thing and that Thing is To Push Snow And Make Us MONEY!! :drinkup:

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

any of the majors will work ive used meyers for twenty yrs
    only had one failure and that was driver era
    make sure the truck has a trans cooler and remember speed kills
    beating up the truck to get the job done faster only shortens the life of the truck. :nono: ;)