1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Chevy Tahoe 4x4 with Snoway plow like new

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by whitegold79, Jun 5, 2016.

1. whitegold79

whitegold79 Junior Member

O1chevy tahoe 4x4 with Snoway 26 series plow 6'8". Plow is 5 years old. It has only been used for 3 winters though. I washed it with hot soap and water after every use, unhooked it and put it back in the garage. It was used for driveways only. I set it up for this sole purpose because it turns on a dime and with down pressure it makes for very little shoveling.
    The tahoe itself its pretty clean for a 15year old vehicle. It has a 5.3 liter with PW,PL, power seats, leather, sliding sunroof. I put on the z-71 wheels from a 2010 model We bought it in 07 and we used it as a commuter vehicle for the family until my wife got a different car. I installed the plow in november 2012 and it didnt get used until the winter of 13-14. Tahoe has recently had a new optima yellow top battery, delco fuel pump, two bridgestone dueler AT's on the rear with 100 miles on them ($475.00) fronts have 60% tread still. Also has front timbrens which make an awesome difference on sag. It doesn't leak fluids of any kind and its very dependable. The only few things that are worth noting is the AC doesn't blow cold air- plenty of refrigerant but maybe the compressor or low or high pressure switches are bad?, wheel speed sensor on front hub are bad causing ABS to come on at low speeds. I unplugged the ABS relay for now until its fixed so the ABS wouldn't kick on while almost coming to a stop. The drivers seat has a tear in it.
    I paid 4400 for the plow and installed it myself. I did a clean install, not some hacked up job like a lot out there. These plows touch 5k now, plus the KBB book for private party good condition with the options on it is 4200.
    I want 5900 for it, cheap vehicle already set up or a great back up. I do not want to separate it. Please private message me with your number and ill text u pics of this if you are interested, please no low ballers- I think anyone would be hard pressed to find a turn key residential plow truck of any kind thats not destroyed or rotted out for less than 6k. Plow looks new. Cincinnati Area

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like a decent truck, why such a narrow plow?

Pics help sell.

3. whitegold79

Well I had the option for a 7'6" but being its a half ton chassis I opted for this plus it's a driveway plow works awesome. I'll try post pics on the post later thanks

4. whitegold79

5. whitegold79

6. whitegold79