1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Chevy 2500HD Reg. Cab 4x4, Plow and salter

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by DistinctiveDave, Feb 12, 2011.

1. DistinctiveDave

DistinctiveDave Senior Member

Well the time has come. Im moving on and getting out of the landscaping and snow plowing business. I just lost a big contract due to the tenant moving out so I dont really need two trucks anymore. Here are the details on the package:

2001 Chevy 2500HD Regular Cab 4x4 with a 6.0 gas motor. The truck has 189,XXX miles on the odometer. The truck got a junkyard motor last January. The truck had 182,000 miles on it when the motor was replaced, the motor had 82,000 when it was installed, so the motor currently has 89,XXX miles on it. When I did this install I replaced the following:
    radiator hoses, steel brake lines, both belts, transmission lines and the truck just got an intake manifold gasket.

About two weeks ago I did the following work to the truck: upper and lower ball joints, front wheel bearings, inner tie rod ends and front pads and rotors.

The truck also has dual batteries and a high amp alternator.

The truck is great mechanically. It plowed the blizzard with no problems. The ABS and seat belt light are on in the dash, but it doesnt hinder the performance of anything.

The truck had aftermarket power windows installed, passenger window is giving me problems and I plan on looking at that Monday, also has aftermarket door locks-they work so-so.

The flat bed is a Pronghorn flat bed I put on last year as well because I backed into a light pole. The bed is in great shape and has a gooseneck hitch built in that is accessed from a fold up plate which allows the bed to stay flat so you can hardly tell it has a gooseneck hitch.

I would prefer to sell the truck as a package deal so it would include an 8 foot Uni Mount Poly Pro plow which just got a new lift cylinder and packing and a new 1/2" cutting edge.

It would also include the Snow Ex V-Maxx 8500 salt spreader. Full electric with a full length auger. It is an awesome salter and Ive been very happy with it. It has a built in vibrator and I installed 6 LEDS on it.

The truck has the edge lightbar with 6 hideaway strobes as well.

This is a turnkey package. As stated before, I am getting out of the business so its time to sell stuff.

Also, this truck is my daily driver right now, so the miles will go up slightly.

Please note: this is a work truck. You can see from the pictures the grill on the drivers side is missing a little piece, the paint underneath the drivers door just started to flake off, the drivers side seat is ripped. So please dont expect a "MINT" truck. I feel that I have also priced this truck very fair with everything you are getting.

I would consider trades for another truck, 4x4 Ext. or Crew Cab, anything but Dodge.

Im asking $9,999 obo.

Pictures can be seen here: http://rides.webshots.com/album/579754713FeNiMS

The plow is not in the pictures, but is included.

2. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

good luck with ur sale....upsetting to see you getting out of it......wish u the best of luck

3. DistinctiveDave

Thank you. Been doing it a long time. Many things have influenced my decsion to move on.

I have no idea what im going to do so there is alot up in the air right now.

4. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

Hey Dave any snow plowing accounts come with the sale lol

5. DistinctiveDave

Well, not with the sale of this truck. Im selling the chevy, just the truck, salter and plow.

I have been talking to a few people who are intersted in my dump truck, trailer, equipment and accounts, which would include lawn and snow accounts.

6. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck Dave. Seems to be a VERY fair price. Good luck!

7. andy'slawncare

andy'slawncare Member

I sent you an email since for some reason can't get PM's yet.

8. DistinctiveDave

Its probably because you dont have enough posts yet.

I replied to your email.