1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Chevy 2500HD FOR SALE

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by PremierLand, Feb 13, 2006.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

2001 Chevy Silverado 2500HD.

65,000 Miles
    Auto Tranny
    6.0 V8
    Reg Cab.
    CD/MP3 Player with Remote
    Aluminum Rims with a Spare set of steel painted rims.
    Tanno Cover
    In-bed Tool Box
    8 Hide-away strobe lights, 90 watts each
    Roof Light
    8ft Curtis Plow

New rear brakes (pads and rotors)
    80% life left on front pads and rotors.
    New Tires
    New Belts
    New Fuel Filter
    Tranny fluid changed EVERY fall.
    Differential's and T-case fluid changed this past fall.
    New Driverside Hub.

As you can see, this truck has been maintained to a great extent, it didnt really need new belts, fuel filter, etc. etc. but I am ALL ABOUT PREVENTITIVE MAINTENACE. This truck is great and I have no doubts about this truck at all. This truck will easyily last another 200k miles. I LOVE this truck, but I want an extended cab because I cant afford a truck and a car, plus I NEED a diesel (drive over 35k miles per year).

BTW: It was only used to plow snow these past 2 years, and this year has only had about 3 or 4 events so far.

If you want to come see it, its located in SE Michigan. I'll attach some pic's.

Asking $16,500. 313 477 4505
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  2. PremierLand

from detroit

Anyone interested?
  3. fencepost1

fencepost1 Junior Member

Not for $16500, I can go out and get a 06 chevy 2500HD LS Reg Cab, with a plow for $27995
  4. PremierLand

from detroit

Is it going to have a remote start? spare set of wheels? strobe lights in the headlights, tanno cover, bed tool box? didnt think so.

If you go out and buy that truck for 28k, you will spend another 2k on everything i added to mine. Which would be 30k, when you can get a perfectly good truck that is a few years old for half that.
  5. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

damn good looking truck i wish i was in market
  6. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Your truck looks great. I hope you get what you want for it. I know what it's like trying to sell a truck you KNOW has value but doesn't show it on the books.

However, fencepost1 has a valid point.

I went on KBB and chose LS package, power EVERYTHING, full zoot stereo, and selected all add-ons that pertained to your truck (bedliner, tonneau cover, snowplow, towing pkg, premium wheels, wide tires, etc). The MOST I could get it up to was $15,445. That was selecting EXCELLENT for condition. FAIR condition drops it to $13K and change.

The add-on's you list could be beneficial to someone on here, but in all reality, are they something everyone would want?

Your truck is now 5 years old, and has spot on average miles. If it had super low miles or something to set it apart from the rest, you could easily get what your asking.

Have you tried eBay yet?

Is it listed for sale locally?

Park it in a shopping center lot (HD, Lowes, etc) for a weekend with signs on it.

Don't worry though, you'll sell it. Just don't get upset when someone speaks the truth about the price your asking.
  7. I think hes right

I think that he should be able to easlity get that price, once he finds the right person. I have found that KBB is ALWAYS low on truck prices. Go to autotrader.com and search for the exact truck that you have, and see what other people are asking for theirs, this is the best way to know what to see yours for. Good luck..... ( o by the way, the new o6 would still need tax on top of that price... in mi that would bring the price to almost 30,000.....now add lights, boxes, better tires, ect and it would cost mega $ for a new truck)
  8. PremierLand

from detroit

Thanks guys. In addition TLS, as im sure you know, prices vary from state to state.

Also, im not in a big rush to sell it, however soon the better. But your right, it does suck because I know it has value but its hard to prove. I wish the miles were a little lower just for that reason. When I bought this in may it had 35k miles and a 60k mile waranty, and now that is up. Oh well....

If its still around at the end of march, ill list it in auto trader.

Thanks for being honest though guys, plus the price is OBO.
  9. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

I had my truck appraised by my bank for a possible loan against it. Similar to truck here axcept I have the apperance package, and a few additional things. Mine was appraised at $17,500.00. And I have 75K on mine.
  10. PremierLand

from detroit

Still For Sale!
  11. PremierLand

from detroit

STILL FOR SALE. 16k.
  12. PremierLand

from detroit

Last Chance. Truck is going in autotrader tomorrow for $17,000.

Around here that is still a good deal, I see trucks with higher miles in there for $18,000 without a plow.

I will sell it on here only for $15,500.