1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Chevy 2500HD Extended Cab w/ Plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by shovelracer, Feb 19, 2013.

1. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

2001 Chevy 2500HD Extended Cab w/ Plow NJ

I'm offloading my 2001 2500HD. It has about 200,000 on the ticker. I am the 4th owner and have had it since 2005 I believe. Since owning it I have replaced nearly every part on the truck. Everything from window motors, to wheel hubs, SS brake and fuel lines, engine emissions parts, on and on. The truck has always been maintained as long as I've had it. This fall it got a complete go over with the body off frame. Went through and dealt with rust via POR15, the cab got new rockers as well. The lines are all new, and the brakes were fully inspected and questionable items replaced. The truck runs good, idles smooth, and is fully functional. Tires are 90% or better Geolander A/T's.

The bad is that the interior and body are about a 5-6. There area few dents and there are 2 recent issues that I have not had time to tend to. 1. The passenger lower BJ is worn. I have the Napa replacement which I will provide, but I just have not had time. 2. The second is a very minute oil leak from the engine. It only flows when the truck is running, and it is very slow. At this time it can drive maybe 30 hours and only lose a quart if that.

The truck comes with a 2004 Western UltraMount 8' Pro Plow that is fully functional. I just replaced the pump seal last week, and it had a new motor and resevoir tank last summer. It could use a pivot sleeve replacement, but it is not totally necessary yet. After that it would be tight as new.

The truck passed NJ inspection in December and is good till Dec 2013. It runs clean and no emissions issues so it should continue to pass.

It is located in Newton, NJ 07860 and is available to test drive and inspection with appointment.

For plowsite members I'm coming straight out and asking $7000 instead of haggling. That is pretty firm. If you want the truck and not the plow I will remove all plow items and you can have the truck for $5000. It will be going for sale at a higher asking price elsewhere in a few days, so if you are interested please come see it.

973-Nine Zero 3 - 06Three7

IMG_3661.jpg

2001 Chevy-3662.jpg

IMG_3660.jpg

2001 Chevy-3672.jpg

2001 Chevy-3655.jpg

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  2. shovelracer

More Pics >>

2001 Chevy-3677.jpg

IMG_3664.jpg

2001 Chevy-3667.jpg

2001 Chevy-3669.jpg

2001 Chevy-3671.jpg

3. shovelracer

Last Set >>

2001 Chevy-3657.jpg

2001 Chevy-3649.jpg

2001 Chevy-3650.jpg

2001 Chevy-3646.jpg

2001 Chevy-3659.jpg

4. shovelracer

Partial trades considered.

5. shovelracer

$4800 truck only

6. shovelracer

7. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

8. shovelracer

I'm stripped down naked on this one. Damn truck has more invested in the last 12 months than I'm asking. Not to mention it's a runner. Thanks for the link update. Guys bring $3500 for the truck and it's yours. $5000 with the plow complete. Just bring the vaseline or fluid film with you. That's as low as I can go. For any less I'll take it to the drag strip and do laps till something pops, if that doesn't do then the local tractor pull, might need to build a jump in the back field as well.

9. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

I would love this truck, but sadly ive been spending all my extra cash on my summer toy this year.

10. scag413

scag413 Junior Member

Man, why does this have to be so far away! These are my favorite model Chevys!

11. shovelracer

Shipping to IN is $600. I'd consider $4000 shipped

12. nyy845

nyy845 Junior Member
    from CT

Do you know where the leak is coming from?

13. shovelracer

No idea on the leak. Seems to be along the head, My guess would be valve cover gasket. Worst case the head gasket blew out, but it doesn't burn or smoke, no CEL's and the compression is good. No intermingling of fluids either.

The bad news is one of my drivers ran over a mailbox and busted a hole in the rear passenger door. Apparently it was rusted under the paint.

No lies the body is not great but mechanically it runs strong.

$3000 cash or 52" Exmark Turf Tracer

14. nyy845

nyy845 Junior Member
    from CT

Can you post some pics for me specifically: the damage, any rust, and some frame shots (how much rust on the frame)?

Sorry to be a pain, but it's a 2hr drive for me and I'd like to see these pics before I drive down.

Thanks

15. BreyerConstruct

BreyerConstruct Senior Member

I might be interested, if still available.
    ~Matt

16. shovelracer

You guys need to call me if you want to see it. It took it off advertisements cause I was getting too much scammy junk. I've been too busy to check here daily.
    No reasonable offer refused
    973 Nine Zero Three 0637

17. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Still have the truck?