1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 chevy 2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by killed300ex, Nov 21, 2006.

1. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

Wondeirng if you guys could give me some insight. Since my 1996 dodge truck got totaled I am looking for a truck to use for a little while untill insurance money comes (might be awhile long story) anyways I stumbled acrost this truck online its 30 mins form me think I might take a look at it. ITs a 2001 chevy 2500hd asking price is $3400 figure I could get it for a high 2k Truck has 81431 miles 8 cyl engine 4 wheel drive. Problem is the body is shot. Do you think I could drive it for 6-8 months maybe put a flatbed on it and then get my money back to buy a better truck within a year? Basicaly I am looking to buy a truck that I can use and then resell in a year to at least make my money back. Think this will fit the bill? I might even do some body work to make it look better. Here are some pictures

2. killed300ex

more pictures another view

3. killed300ex

tail gate seems the pas door is the only damage on the cab so I would think a flat bed would be an easy cheap fix to make this truck worth alot more $

4. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I'd buy it, throw a new bed on it, and sell it. You can pick up a new bed from truck body upfitters, such as Dejana and JC Madigan. These guys remove pickup beds from trucks to replace them with utility bodies, so you may be able to score one for less than a grand. Then, all you need is paint.
  5. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

If its in good mechanical shape and will pass your state inspection then I'd say go for it. You could probably find a replacement bed instead of fabbing a flatbed yourself and turn it around in the spring.

Patched up I'd venture a $10k easy sell...my niece's husband just paid $9k for a 99 2500 rclb Silverado with 97k miles.
  6. killed300ex

cool does anyone have an open carfax account? I need the vin run toi make sure it still has a good title?
    1GCHK24U71E201162 thats the vin if anyone has an open account
  7. Northland

Northland Senior Member

Id jump all over that for $3400... I wish I could find a deal like that... Spare Plow truck the same year as my main truck... :dizzy:
  8. killed300ex

well called on the truck it was gone but I found a new dodge instead going to pick it up in a couple of minutes Wish I could have gotten the chevy but someone else thought it was a good deal to unfortunitly
  9. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Make sure we get pics of the new one... Good luck