1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 chevy 2500

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by AJSFLOORING, Sep 25, 2011.

1. AJSFLOORING

AJSFLOORING Junior Member

I have a 2001 chevy silverado 2500hd with a 2005 curtis sno pro 3000. everything works except the headlights i plug the wire harness in the only way that i can and everything fits right and plugs in to where its suposto then when i turn the truck headlights on the high and low beams are on the truck at the same time and its stuck like that when i hook up to the plow and pick it up the truck headlights shut off like they should and the plow lights are on the high beam and will not go to low beam. If anybody can help me out i would apreciate it thank you.

2. rancherman84

rancherman84 Senior Member

could the wires on the toggle switch be wrong?

3. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

It sounds like the wrong headlight adapter GM used the same number bulbs but moved the ground wire. On the curtis adapter the white and red wire is ground you will have to check on the truck for which color is the same on high and low beam.Any questions Call Angelo at 1-800-343-7676 ex3042.

4. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Subscribed

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Deffenitly have a pre 03 adapter. What headlights do you have maybe you can rewire the adapter.

6. Plow horse

Plow horse Senior Member

its relays

I will have the info in a day or so, easy fix we are not nuts. 99 to 02 have head light with negative feed, just need some relay switchs.:mechanic:

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

8. Plow horse

Plow horse Senior Member

:laughing: its ok I will get you the info. I would'nt hold out on you Basher.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I just wonder why the relays?? it just requires changing the wiring to the ground switched system. The subjects been covered many times, use the search feature and there are even some with pictures.