1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax with Western V-Plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by got-h2o, Oct 17, 2009.

1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I figured I'd give it a try here for a little while. Please, with all due respect, and I expect the same, don't turn this into a discussion if the truck is worth it or not, especially if you're not interested in buying it. I have a lot of coin wrapped up in this thing and its worth every penny or more IMHO. Thanks.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/cto/1425963047.html

2. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

kinda off topic but would you sell the plow seperate?

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I'd sell the truck minus the plow, but not the opposite. It would take a lot b/c I'd have to replace it.

4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck with all that work done to it I would think it would be a quick sale!

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Thanks bud

6. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

how much for just the truck?

hows the interior as well? clean?

what work has been done to it?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Seats are worn but not bad. Interior is pretty decent. I'll see if I have a pic. As for the truck with out plow or plow accessories, $11,000.

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Interior pics. As for what was done to it, the CL ad explains it all, but basically a new top end incl injectors, brake work, a/c compressor, fuel sending unit, etc. About $10k worth of work done within the last 1k miles or less.

This is a loaded up truck, and that's leather seats w/full power, not vinyl. Also PW, PL, push button 4x4, etc... I put the rubber floor in. Also, this truck does have the factory plow prep package. It'll make one hell of a plow truck, that's for sure. I love my other ones.

01int1.jpg

01int2.jpg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  9. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

what part of indiana do you live in. might want to come take a look at it. My only concerns are that it has 200,000 + miles and its a plow truck. Do you know if anything else is worn out and needs replacing? Im really interested but just have some minor concerns.

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

My other trucks have well over 200k, that's the least of my concerns......of any of them this is the one to have b/c its been rebuilt. Also, I never plowed with it, I set it up to plow for this year. I mean it's not perfect, but would make a sweet work truck.

Its still at the dealer right now. I'll check what all was replaced and I'll let you know. I have a set of tie rods for it, other than that maybe an idler and pitman due to the miles, but nothing else I'd be concerned with. All of the expensive stuff is done.

I'm not trying to defend it or press the sale, but I just know how much I'm already losing my ass as it is. I still have to pay off the truck once it sells (about $5k), then I'm really taking a hit.

My zip is 46319.

11. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

great looking truck you have and with all the money you have put into it i think it is a pretty fair price your asking

12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Thanks bud

13. CleanCut1

CleanCut1 Junior Member
    from SE MO

Can I get the info on the truck if you still have it and the pictures. The listing on craigslist has expired. Thanks

14. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Give me your email if you would. I actually pulled it off the market, but will still sell it. I have a guy very interested (supposedly), but its at the dealer for brakes and some odds and ends right now. Just getting everything buutoned up so its ready to rock.

15. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

16. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Here's the listing, price is $14k with the MVP:

I'm considering selling one of my Duramaxes. It's one of 5 trucks and I can really do without the payment right now. It's a great truck and ready for many years of use. I just had literally nearly $10k worth of work done to it over the past couple of months.

Its an 01 2500HD with a 6.6 Duramax and an Allison 1000 trans. LS with leather. I recently replaced the carpet with a rubber floor. It has PW, PL, CD, etc. 4 opening doors with new lower latches installed by the dealer in the rear doors. The lower rockers are coated in white bedliner coating.

I just had a new top end done on the motor. New remanned heads, head gaskets, all top end related gaskets, thermostats, etc. While it was apart I had injectors and cup sleeves done as well. I also had a new fuel pressure regulator done while it was apart, along with a water pump and starter. These are all items that are common for an LB7 a lot of labor and $$ to do, so I had it all done while the shop was in the engine already. It has about 1k miles on the rebuild so far and it runs and drives like new. The truck itself has 254k miles, but with basically most wearable items replaced.

It just finished up at the dealer for new brakes, calipers, lines etc. They also put on a new A/C compressor and fuel sending unit.

The plow is a Western 8.5' MVP. I put it on this spring and have yet to plow with it. It is included in the price. I will sell without the plow for less. Infact, I'd prefer to sell it without the plow b/c I need it for one of my other trucks. I can also sell it with a straight blade Pro as well.

If you deduct repairs on the truck and the plow, I'm basically giving the truck away. I just want to recoup some of my investment and pay the truck off.

No trades and no lowball offers. If it doesn't sell I will use it and make plenty of money with it this winter. I just don't need this valuable of a truck as a spare.

Thanks for looking.

17. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I actually may not sell the MVP. If not it, will come with a straight blade, but still set up to be able to use an MVP.

18. CleanCut1

CleanCut1 Junior Member
    from SE MO

Is the straight blade an ultramount? Do you have Pictures of the outside of the truck and either plow? Thanks

19. CleanCut1

CleanCut1 Junior Member
    from SE MO

Sorry, Didnt see the first two posts and the one with the pic. Here is my e-mail weiss_j05@hotmail.com

20. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Straight blade is a Unimount too. It's blasted and ready for paint. It'll be as good as new. I go through them with a fine toothed comb. Pic of truck above in post#15