1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 2500HD Chev mount/wiring ?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by djagusch, Sep 15, 2012.

1. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

So I have been looking for a used mount/wiring for my 2001 Chev 2500hd.

I have seen the standard RT3 mount on my other 01 Chev but I have also seen a long frame one also goes back to my guess of torsion bar mount area. Any pro's or con's on the 2 styles? Other than that any NBS 3/4 ton 01 to 06 will work, correct?

On wiring I'm less in the know but guessing 99 to 02 Chev wiring will work with the headlights. Is the 03 to 06 a different adapter?

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The first generation rt3 mounts for the 01 to 07 classic gms would work on any 3/4 ton and 1 ton trucks. What boss was finding out was that with the newer trucks having the bumpers out further the plows were actually hitting the trucks when guys where stacking snow. Boss re designed the mounts and pushed them forward (so to speak) so the plows head gear wouldn't't hit the trucks. This is the new revised mount model number that is being produced for any 01-07 gm truck (01-07 classic) is
    LTA04767B. I believe the pre revised model number is the same minus the B at the end. The Bracket that you see that bolts onto behind the push beam bolts under the front diff on the truck. I have not seem any different type of mount from boss for these trucks. You may have seen the half ton mounts which are almost identical, but a little different.

The headlight adapters will work just the same on any 01 to 07 classic. I believe the polarity is different though. So it would be a matter of flipping the adapters plug from A to B or vise versa.
  3. bossplow

bossplow Junior Member

The part # for the previous mount that was used on the 01 & 02 HD's, was LTA03699. One way to tell them apart is the LTA03699 measures 8" from front to back on the side plates, where the newer LTA04767B measures 6". The LTA04767B, fits all 3/4 ton Chev GMC, 1999-2010. The LTA03699 only fits 99-02 GM 3/4 ton.