1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 2500hd CCSB Dmax

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by SimpleSolutions, Aug 4, 2012.

1. SimpleSolutions

SimpleSolutions Junior Member

Been told by a few a boss 8.2 vblade is to heavy for my truck becasue the weight of the diesel engine. Any others running this set up? Any issues with the weight?

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have the same truck but an 2009. I have an 810 Blizzard with Timbrens. I think it's heavier then the Boss and it's been fine.

3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Most people here run plows heavier then that on there duramax trucks with out any problems. Just search frame gussets.

4. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I run a 9'2" Boss V on my CCSB dmax with timbrens up front and it holds it like a champ!

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Ran a 9.2 on my 02 since new with no Timbrens and had no problems until I sold it last spring. Most wear from heavy blades comes from driving around aimlessly with the blade on your truck with no snow snow in the forcast. Put your blade on when you need it and take it off when you don't and you'll be fine.

6. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

A lot of the problem is you have a crew cab. The way they rate the truck/plow combo is by the truck capacity, meaning if for some stupid reason you were to plow with 6 people in your truck you would be overloaded with an 8'2. I had the same problem. Buy the plow you want and either install it yourself or pay a plow shop guy a few bucks to do it on the side. That truck will handle the plow you want no problem, just make sure you use the right amount of ballast.

7. SimpleSolutions

Thanks for the input guys gonna look into some timbrens for sure

8. brad96z28

Ive run several heavy v plows plow on my truck Ive never needed timbrens.

9. SimpleSolutions

Ok. I have the 1-3" leveling kit on it so im gonna just install my vblade and see how it sits, then go from there. Thanks again

10. brad96z28

I havent needed keys either My truck sits level or a tad higher in the front and still have 10 turns on the bolts.