1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 2500HD 8.1 with Allison $6500 Fisher MM2 and Extreme V Wired.

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by vector330ix, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vector330ix

vector330ix Junior Member
    from nh

Hello. I have a 2001 Chevy 2500HD with the 8.1L and the Allison Trans. It is the LT model

here is what it has: A/C, Heated Seats, Leather Seats, Mud gaurd Floor Mats, power windows power locks, 6way power seat with lumbar, 6 way power pass seat. Wired for Power / Heated Mirrors but it has never had that sense i have owned it. They are regular mirrors. Visor, Back Rack,

Wired for Fisher XLS/Extreme V as well as for MM2. I only have the controler for the MM2. You can just switch some cables around under the hood and flip to the other way if you want to.

It just passed NH state Inspection.

The bad. has SRS light on. (i never cared about that) Has the ABS light on (also never cared about that) Both lights have been on sense 2007. Neither has held up a NH SI. May need a rear bumper at some point but it was strong enough to pass.

The recent repairs: Brakes were completely reworked from the Master Cyl back. everything was replaced. new belts, new alt, new batt. New Windshield (the old was had wiper scrapes but i wanted to fix it before i sold it) most of the things i replaced were just to get the truck in good shape for someone else. i may not have need everythind i did.

IMG_1246.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1228.JPG

IMG_1242.JPG

IMG_1238.JPG

2. vector330ix

vector330ix Junior Member
    from nh

Just to Clear that up... There is no plow with the truck. But if you look at the front view, you will see there are 4 Fisher wires. 2 Sets of power wires. One set is for the MM2 3 wire and One Set is for the new wire that would run a XLS or Extreme V. You need to flip a wire under the hood, and there is no control included for the new wiresetups. Just the controller for the MM2.

Here are a few more pictures. I show the rockers to show you what they look like. You can see in one that i did repair drivers side rocker. It is solid now.

the driver seat has a tear from going in and out.

all the way around there are the snow / mud floor mats. They are the ones that have about 1/2-3/4" deep pan design, so you can just dump out the melted snow. Keeps the truck looking nice.

under the rear seat is are a few random parts. There are the unused Backrack parts i always intended to install that would give you two Strobe mounts on the side of the backrack. Its never been installed and the factory hard ware is there ready for that. A spare belt, a spare window regulator, i think i have an oil filter, likely something else.

IMG_1237.JPG

IMG_1233.JPG

IMG_1232.JPG

IMG_1226.JPG

IMG_1240.jpg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  3. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

Nice looking truck may be interested In a few weeks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.