1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001-2002 Snowfall forecast

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by thelawnguy, Oct 25, 2001.

1. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

2. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

I like his predictions, but I think predicting a narrow range of snowfall for a city seems (within a ten inch+-) is a little far fetched.

3. Rocky

Rocky Member

Long term weather forecasting

Hi Guys, New guy here. I've heard organizations predicting all kinds of different variations on the upcoming winter months snowfall amounts. The Farmers Almanac and guys like this Gary with his college testbook style words may make good reading in anticipation of the upcoming winter. I think climbing up on the roof in the middle of a bizzard to stick my finger in my mouth to hold it up in the air to tell which direction the howling winds are blowing from makes about as much sense. I think I'll stick with watching the updated weather patterns every 8 minutes on The Weather Channel. Nothing like them new fangled devices with their modern capabilities.

Rocky

4. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

30-40% above normal for me:D

I'll believe it when I see it:rolleyes:

Greg

5. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

I only posted his link because he seemed pretty accurate with his forecasts last season (10 day).

Myself, I will flip a coin...

6. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Thay predict above normal here w/ 100+ inches.

7. jason2

jason2 PlowSite.com Veteran

Anybody have links for the northwest part of the country, regarding winter forecasts?