1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 - 2002 Chevy d/a's?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by qualitylandscap, Mar 21, 2007.

1. qualitylandscap

qualitylandscap Member

I have been looking around at a couple of theses and wanted to know if they were good trucks? I bought my 01 ford f-250 in December of 06 and it had 108,000 on it and now I have about 113875 as of today. I have driven a couple of 06 duramax's and love the power they have. This truck will mostly likely be a personal truck and leave the f-250 hooked up to the trailer. I have been trying to find a 01-02 Chevy 2500hd ext short bed 4x4 6.6 auto in gray but they had to find. I know some of the LB7's have had injector problems. What type of mpg do you guys who have the LB7 get? And I also drove a 01 f-350 with the 7.3 before I bought my V10, How do the 7.3 and the LB7 compare?
  2. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

I'd say watch out for the injector problem it's alot of lost time and money. We had a D-max it was alright for power alot of turbo lag the 7.3 takes off faster imo. We had our truck out for a while with injector problems and a motor failure at 11k miles. I would say get a later year or go with gas, just ran into another 6.6 at the rino liner place and the guy had the injector problem, his was an 03 I believe. Love the motor much more reliable than the 6.0 diesel. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if the price was right just beware of what the problems could be.
  3. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

I have an 01 crew cab short bed with the D/A. About 130,000 miles so far with no injector problems. Have the letter from GM stating 200,000 mile warranty on injectors. Gets about 19 mpg on the highway empty. About 15 mpg around town with a combo of empty and towing(6000lb load). Gets 12 mpg towing 9000lb 5th wheel camper if I set the cruise on 70mph, better if I keep it lower.
    Once the engine is up to temp this thing is a rocket. Friend has 06 ford with 6.0 Powerstroke, His camper weighs 7800lbs, I can smoke him off the line and get better mpg....