1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 1500 with 2003 ultramount harness

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bubble, Nov 20, 2013.

1. bubble

bubble Junior Member

I just bought a ultra mount that came off a 2007 1500 classic and had the local Western dealer say they could connect the harness on my 2001 1500 classic. After leaving them the truck with the harness mostly installed I was informed they could not make it work after 4 hours labor and they could get a new harness and adapters to work for a price of $1,100 dollars. I have the 64078 kit i believe with relays and am wondering if I can rewire it to work on my 2001. I also have a friend with a new style solid state 3 pug harness off of a 2005 1500 that I can get for $100. Any help would be great.

2. bubble

bubble Junior Member

Sorry should have said its a Chevy 1500

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I would go to westerns website and use the quick match on both tks and see if the part numbers are the same. I'm not 100% on 1500 but on 2500 the 01 and 05 are different in the headlight configurations

4. bubble

bubble Junior Member

I will try that thought it would be a easy fix thanks

5. bubble

bubble Junior Member

All fixed no help from Martins Equipment

Talked to a local Western shop owner and was told to reverse the polarity on the headlight connections, harness to truck wiring and it now works fine. This was after having Martins equipment in Geneva NY charge me 4 hours labor to tell me it will cost me $1000.00 more to rewire a new harness. That price includes 4 more hours of labor. They had told me over the phone no problem they could make the 2007 harness work. No more business with Martins for me.