1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2001 1500 4x4 Transmission

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by moosey, Oct 1, 2006.

1. moosey

moosey Senior Member

2001 1500 4x4 transmission. Does anyone know how to find out what trans this truck has in it. Mine was rebuilt in 2004 but thinking it will go out again. Dont want to spend $ to rebuild. Want to buy new trans to throw in. Appreciate any help.

2. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Look on the tranny pan. Might be a model or serial number. Ask a tranny shop. I would almost bet it is a 700 r 4 trans. Does it have overdrive? If so, It probably is an r4 transmission.

3. moosey

moosey Senior Member

Yes, it has overdrive.

4. PaleRider

PaleRider Senior Member

New Tranny

:waving: Moosey,
    Did you get the contract email I sent? I run absolutley the same truck. Jcesar is right it is a 700 R4 :) Woaw! hold up! What engine do you have?

Pale Rider :gunsfiring:

5. moosey

moosey Senior Member

It is the 360 engine. And thanks PaleRider

6. PaleRider

PaleRider Senior Member

What Tranny do you have?

:waving: Moosey,
    I just looked up the tranmissions in a Hayes Repair Manual for our year truck. "1996 and later models use a 42RE,46RE, or 47RE four speed transmission with electronic govenor" . I bet this just :dizzy: the crap out of you. But! there it is from page 7B-1.

Pale Rider :gunsfiring: