1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 vs 2003 silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bradhow79, Jan 26, 2011.

1. bradhow79

bradhow79 Member

hey guys,
    looking for info here,I have a2000 silverado2500 its been a great truck,but it may be time to put it in backup status,looking at a 2003 2500hd so what did they change? I know my 2000 pretty well just wondering what the learning curve might be? also for you Boss guys what changeover pains might i encounter?
    thanks in advance,
  2. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

I have a 2003 2500hd Dmax. The body/front end obviously changed. I know the seats appear different too. Lost the nice lumbar knob. I had a 2003 1500 at first without the power seat. The seats drove me nuts on a 100 mile trip. Traded for the 2500. It has a power seat that allows to adjust bottom angles. It helps but I still find the seat comfort not quite right. Kinda hunchy.
  3. stacks04

stacks04 Senior Member
    from ct

Basically alot of cosmetic changes inside and out, also major electronic/communication changes for the body and engine control modules. As far as driving, no difference.