1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 Trackless MT5 with Pronovost P740 Snow Blower

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Tahoe Workz, Sep 29, 2006.

1. FOR SALE:

Up for sale is a 2000 Trackless MT5 Tractor with a Pronovost P740 Snow Blower Attachment. Tractor has extremely low hours on it - around 840 (barely broken in). The equipment has always been well maintained, garage kept, cleaned and greased after use, and routine services have always been performed. The Trackless MT5 is similar to the Holder 9.78 but has around 40% more power. The MT5 runs a Cummins Diesel engine where the Holder runs a Deutz Diesel. The advantage to running the Cummins is the availability of parts and repair work. The Trackless also runs Dana Axles. Many Holder parts are also hard to find in dire times of need. This Tractor was also upgraded with an extra fuel tank to extend your route, power float, & additional light bar. Custom rims have also been built to run larger bobcat tires for better clearance in deep snow. Machine is ready for operation and has been handling around 80-90 driveways on its 6 hour route. The MT5 can also be fitted with a sweeper, finish mower, flail mower, aerator, sander, plow, front end loader, generator, and other attachments (please see the Trackless website for those details: http://www.tracklessvehicles.com/enter.htm)

I am not a dealer. I run an owner-operated, small snow removal company and turn over my equipment every few years to keep everything new. Our County uses sand with very minimal salt (to preserve Lake Tahoe) so there is practically no rust on the machine.

Asking price for the equipment is $65,000 firm.
    (These are selling brand new for around 100K)

Machine is located in Incline Village, Lake Tahoe, NV. Zip 89451

Buyer to assume shipping costs.

Interested? Questions?

To Inquire Please Leave A Message With Your Contact Information At: (775) 745-9605 or email me at trackless@earthlink.net

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  2. more photos

Here are some additional photos of the machine in action...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

that is an amazing piece of machinery right there!! wish i could afford it as i think they are awesome!

4. The MT5 has a traveling speed of around 23 MPH which gets you to your next job faster than almost any other machine out there. Ok, a plow truck can travel faster to the next job but this thing can clear a driveway faster than any plow, in way tighter areas (thanks to the articulated steering), and without piles or ramping. It does far less damage than skid-steer loaders when it comes to chain marks left on the driveway. Also, it has a hydrostatic transmission so press forward on the pedal to move forward, press your heal to back up- no switching gears.

It makes my job easier, that's for sure. You can just take on so many more accounts. Which in the long run probably doesn't really make my job easier but at least the extra cash flow helps balance some of that out...

J