1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 Sonoma

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Lugnut, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

The push button 4 wheel drive switch on my 2000 GMC Sonoma isn't working and the little light indicating what you are currently in is not on. My first thought was hopefully it just needed a new fuse but that did not work and now I'm thinking it might be the relay. However, I'm not sure where the relays are located on this truck so if anyone might know where the relays are or have any ideas I'd appreciate it...Thanks

2. ICindrich

ICindrich Senior Member

The fuse is one of the 20 amp ones in the cab and the relay is under the hood, against the firewall on the drivers side, all the labeling is on the cover. If the four wheel drive isn't working and it isn't a fuse or relay, you probly have a cracked vacume hose somewere.

Ivan

3. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

Did you pull the dash and check behind the switches. Had a buddy who swore that the plug worked its way loose.

4. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate them. I'll check the relay and hopefully that'll be it. I had the dash apart yesterday and everything seemed tight and plugged in.