1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 Silverado 1500 1/2 ton with 7.5' Meyer?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by topdogdad1, Nov 3, 2010.

1. topdogdad1

topdogdad1 Junior Member

I have a 2000 Silverado 1500 1/2 ton with the 5.3L 4x4 8' bed. I've been reading up on some of the forums and see SOME questions have already been answered for me. My situation is a bit unique. Right now i was handed a 7.5' Meyer ST-90 blade with the A-frame and pivots already on it and 3 E-47 meyer fully functional pumps and the wiring for all of it. I already have on order a set of 4 Nirto 8000 series shocks, i plan on ordering the Timbren for the front end next week. I still have to find the mounting carton and lift frame to mount these plowing things to which is where i'm lost. I was giving these model numbers and told ONLY these would work for my truck....for the lift frame i was giving part #11255 which brand new is about 600 bucks (yes i want used haha) and for the Mounting carton i can use either part #17118 or #17138 but both are 800+ bucks (yea i want used there also). I also picked up a set of 285/75 10 ply snow tires. Besides the mounts for the plow, any other suggestions so i don't hurt the truck too much, i'm only doing light duty plowing, couple bank lots and a hand full of streets literally so i won't be abusing it much and all the locations are within 1 mile from my house. Trying to think of anything else i may be curious about but cant think of anything right now. Unless anyone has the mounts for my plow i can buy from them?

Drew....Philadelphia,PA

2. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

my first season (11 years ago) i had a 1/2 ton with a 350 v-8. half way through i got a 3/4 ton. the biggest thing is you will be working this bugger harder than its designed for to take it easy and always come to a complete stop before changing gears. (both go for any plow rig) i remember burning through brakes, the front ended up pigeon toed, i think the rear end blew out of it and i destroyed the tranny. but it was a 9 year old trk with 100k on it. i would look to crank up your torsion bars also

3. topdogdad1

topdogdad1 Junior Member

Someone had told me to change out the 1/2 ton torsion bars for 3/4 ton torsion bars....any thoughts on that or just jack up the ones existing and do you think the suspension modifications i have decided to make are adequate?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010