1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 Ram 2500 w/ez-mount express and custom bumper

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by RonS, Dec 18, 2005.

1. RonS

RonS Junior Member

Hey guys,
    I have been floating around this site for about a year or so. I own a 2000 Ram 2500 v-10 auto. It has 48# springs with 2" spacers with airbags in the rear. I decided to fabricate my own bumper to incorporate the Meyer EZ-Mount Express. I formed it using 3/16" steel and fully welded it to the pushbar/ plow mount. Then I Line-Xed it. The whole bumper uses the 4 plow mount bolts.

Here's what I've done;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for looking,

RonS

2. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

swwwwwwweeeeeeeet man! :bluebounc purplebou :redbounce :drinkup:

3. RonS

RonS Junior Member

Thanks man!

RonS

4. RayGauthier

RayGauthier Member

wow

You realy did a great job!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Haw long did it take you to make it ????????
    :) :) :) :)

5. Ian

Ian Member

At first it looked a little odd with the way you ended the ends of the bumper, but the more I look at it the more I like it. Very nice job, I do a little welding also, mostly tig.

With the up angle on the A frame, do you find the truck riding up when you push into a large snow pile?

Ian

6. RonS

RonS Junior Member

I probably have about 30 some hours in it. It was a pain but I am happy with the final result.

Thanks,

RonS

7. RonS

RonS Junior Member

I know it will do that but I haven't had a chance yet to use it in the deep or heavy stuff. I'll keep you guys posted.
    BTW thanks for the compliment. I enjoy welding and fabricating but I don't do it for a living.

RonS