1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 k3500 lights dimming and flickering

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bgingras, Dec 4, 2006.

1. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

So I got in my truck this morning and started it and the door was still open and the dome light stated pulsing, and also the head lights, and well all the lights in unison ...anyone know if this is an alternator about to kick it or what?

2000 chevy k3500

2. joe_padavano

joe_padavano Member

Does your truck have the stacked cables on the positive terminal of the battery? On my truck corrosion gets in between the two terminals and causes the problem you've seen.
  3. Potomac Lawns

Potomac Lawns Member

is your truck a diesel ? if so glow plugs could be coming on and off my chevy 6.5 turbo does this the duramax does not.
  4. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

we have a 99 suburban that the lights have been flickering lately. Just sitting their idleing and the headlights will flicker, the volt meter also bounces a little bit as well. Also sometimes when we try and start it, it wont really turn over, almost acts like a dead battery, but the battery tests at 14 volts.
  5. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

gasser 5700
  6. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

my 6.5 creates enough vibration that the battery terminals loosen up every few months.