1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 K3500 4x4 6.5 Cab and Chassis

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Philbilly2, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

2000 K3500 4x4 6.5 Cab and Chassis
    For Sale: Make me an offer

2000 Chevy K3500 4WD
    6.5L Turbo Diesel Motor
    126,000 miles ? (think it is less, but I don't recall for sure)
    Dual Fuel Tanks
    Chrome Simulators
    Cloth 60/40 Split Bench w/ Flip up Armrest
    Toolboxes between cab and dump
    90 Gallon Fuel Transfer Tank w/ 15GPM Fill Rite Pump built into toolboxes
    2" Receiver Hitch w/ 7 Pin and 6 pin Trailer Plugs
    Trailer Brake Controller

New Parts installed in 2011 (truck had 123,000 miles on so not many miles have been put on in last 4 years)
    2- 235/85R16 GoodYear Authority Load Range E -Oct of 2011
    Transmission Rebuilt w/ new converter - Febuary of 2011

New Parts installed 2010:
    4- 235/85R16 Kelly Saffrai Trex Load Range E
    Idler, Pitman, Pitman Mount, 4 Ball Joints, and both front Wheel Bearings
    PMD Heatsink and Relocated to grill
    07 style LED mirrors
    New doors as west coast mirrors had holes in doors

Sound truck, runs and drives good. It has mostly sat in my yard for the past 4 years, we only put around 3000 miles on it in the past 4 years.

Looking to get truck off my insurance as it was a dump truck until last month when I moved the dump box to a newer truck that I had sitting around. I would like to move it so make me an offer.

Located in Sandwich, IL - 60548 - 66 miles Southwest of Chicago

Phil
    630-768-3211

Pictures are in my pictures in my profile if you want to see condition of truck (dump box is on those pics, just put your finger over it)

Old Picture, but all I have until I take another, but truck is up at my shop. Hope to upload current pics next week.

i119271.jpg

2. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Any close up pics of the tires? After 4 and 5 years, dry rot is a real concern. Can't even sell tires that are 3 years old for that reason. Also, interior pics?

3. Philbilly2

I can get them. I don't think that they are dry rotted. It was parked inside the shop until last year, but newer trucks took its place last year and she got bumped... I think I am going to run into town and grab some current pictures as I have had quite a bit of interest from other sites. So I will get back to you on that.

Here is a picture of the interior. I replaced the vinyl seat with a cloth 60/40 split with an armrest as I cannot stand vinyl seats without an armrest. Not sure whey the armrest is open in the picture, but it does close, and the truck comes with yet one complete armrest for when this one gets smashed or broke. (When you see good parts that you might need for an old truck, you got to grab um)

i119110.jpg

4. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks let me know when Ya get some pics of the tires, and come up with a price. As a buyer, I never make the first offer. Seller sets price and we work from tnere.

And BTW, my truck came from a dealer in Sandwich. Lol.

5. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

I love your truck. I still miss my 2002 6.5L 3500HD. Straight up money makers, not race winners, these trucks are. I did the seat conversion in mine also and what a difference it makes. Best of luck with the sale.

6. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Price? Ballpark? And new updated pics

7. Philbilly2

Thinking around 3k.

8. SullivanSeptic

Try to get me some updated pics. Also, looks like plow mounts on it. Truckside western included? How is rust on cab?

9. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Mounts are off

10. Philbilly2

Yes, no mounts or wiring for plow. As for rust, i actually have no idea... I know that there is none showing, the cab corners are good.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  11. Philbilly2

Tire Pictures are attached.

NCM_0161[1].jpg

NCM_0164[1].jpg

12. Philbilly2

Current Pictures

OK,

Made it to the shop yesterday afternoon just to snap a couple of pictures, but as usual, people see your truck in the lot, stop in, have 1 beer, one turns into a case, a case turns into calling more people telling them to stop by and to bring you beer, that turns into missing dinner, wife pissed... all because you jerks wanted some updated pictures... I hate you guys.

At least the dog is always happy to see me no matter how late or drunk I stumble threw the door.

So, here are some updated pictures.

NCM_0165[1].jpg

NCM_0166[2].jpg

NCM_0167[1].jpg

13. Philbilly2

Truck condition

Ok,

due to overwhelming texts and e-mails, I am going to post this on here so all can see. I just ran up to shop to take more pictures and get more into. I am going to lay it all out here, I have nothing to hide, if it sells, great. I am not starving and trying to push my junk on someone. I am just updating trucks. I will be as completely honest as I can and if anything scares you... don't buy it.

Lets get started:

1) Yes, truck runs and drives. I just drove it over to the car wash 1 hour ago to wash it off so I could get this pictures. It was in service in my construction company until a month ago when I took the dump box off to move it to a newer truck.

2) Truck has A/C - it worked last summer, it is 9 degrees here, so I don't know right now if it works...

3) Truck has cruise control - it works, I just tested it today

4) 4wd works, yes it is a floor shifter - tested it today

5) Actual mileage: 126464

6) Truck starts in cold - (I was shocked when I tried it as I have always had it in a heated shop or plugged in) it has not been started in a month, it has been sitting outside, not plugged in, it is 9 degrees above today, cranked and started

7) Seat is in good shape, seat is out of a 98 K1500 that I found a a junk yard. Must have been a little bitty guy that drove that truck as cushion is like brand new. Definitely not a fat guy's seat. No tears or rips of any kind.

8) Yes it is an automatic - trans was rebuilt Feb of 2011, reverse band got smoked in blizzard, had whole trans rebuilt with new converter and all.

9) Yes I have the key for the L boxes. L boxes are tired. They are just like most steel service boxes from 2000. They are rusty, but all the doors function except the back passenger lower one, I could not get that one open... not sure if it is frozen or rusted or what. I will know better tomorrow as truck is in my shop right now thawing from washing it.

10) Yes, it has a 90 gallon transfer tank built into the tool boxes for filling equipment on site. Has a 15GPM Fill Rite Pump on it.

11) Truck has vinyl floors

12) Truck is mechanically sound as far as I know. It runs, it drives, it stops. I would not have a problem driving it anywhere. Oil pressure gauge stepper motor is out, truck has oil pressure, gauge just is pegged. Fuel stepper appears to be on the fritz now, it bounces more than I remember, but again, only 3000 miles have been put on this truck in the last 4 years, and very few of them have been with me in the seat. This is the oldest truck that I own, so I don't remember if the older trucks do that when the fuel sloshes or not? Those are the only things that I can find that I would call an "issue"

13) No electrical gremlins here

14) It is a power house... NO. Do not come and drive thing thinking it is going to burn the tires off. These trucks are not from the same generation as the diesels of today. They were meant to be consistent and fuel economic. If you want a tire burner from 2000 in a Chevy, you need a big block... not a 6.5L. Will it tow, yes. Will it haul, yes. Are you going to break any records while doing either of these... maybe a low fuel consumption record, but that is all.

15) Tires are good. They are round and full of air.

16) Dumbfounded by this one... yes... the radio does work... [​IMG]

17) There is rust on the bottom of doors, rockers, and cab corners - it is surface rust, no holes.

I think that that will cover it for now.

Phil-

NCM_0177[1].jpg

NCM_0176[1].jpg

NCM_0175[1].jpg

NCM_0174[1].jpg

NCM_0173[1].jpg

14. Philbilly2

Rust Pictures

NCM_0172[1].jpg

NCM_0171[1].jpg

NCM_0170[1].jpg

NCM_0169[1].jpg

15. SullivanSeptic

One more question...what size dump bed goes on it? What if I remove tool boxes, what size bed?

16. Philbilly2

Oh, and yes, one more picture... this is the reason that I took the bed off this truck for all who asked. To simply put it on a newer cab and chassis.

NCM_0180[1].jpg

17. Philbilly2

LOL... Just when you think that you have it all covered...

It had an 8.6ft bed on it, tool boxes are about 2 feet in depth, so I would guess that you could put a 10 on there if you took the L boxes off

I do not remember the cab to axle, but if I had to guess by the truck that I put the dump box on being a 60" CA, I am going to guess that this is a 72" CA as I had 12" between the cab and dump box to fit a transfer tank in there.

18. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Good luck with the sale. Looks real nice. Should sell pretty quick!

19. Philbilly2

Thanks, I have had quite a few offers, I like offers. Not looking to give it away, but I feel it is priced to move.

I love cash more than trucks now... am I getting old or something????? [​IMG]

20. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Back to radio.....8 track, cassette, CD?

Bluetooth?

Acxiliary jack?

Am/FM? or just Am

What are the pre-sets set too?

Remote control?

Speed sensing?

Just busting on ya......sounds like a smoking deal