1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 gmc w/ fisher ezv

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by innkeeper, Feb 9, 2013.

1. innkeeper

innkeeper Junior Member

Compatability question. I have a fisher ezv plow that was purchased in 1999 and was put on a 2000 gmc sierra slt 1500 (oh yes a 1/2 ton) 4x4. It has always worked flawlessly and with 150,000 mile on the truck the only thing that has ever been replaced has been a right side wheel bearing and a clutch in the transfer case.

To get to the point, I would love to pick up a new 2013 gmc 2500 but the only thing stopping me is I really dont want to invest in a new plow since my ezv is working just fine. Can I use this plow on a 2013 by just purchasing new mounts and I am assuming electronics too? Thanks

2. innkeeper

innkeeper Junior Member

I just wanted to bump this up and see if anyone can help me with this. I just picked up a 2013 2500 and would like to see if I can save a couple bucks and keep my ezv. Thanks

3. You'll save more than a couple bucks....you will need a new headlight harness and new push plates but you should be able to swap everything over. Plow site member LON is a great resource for everything you will need at very competitive pricing.

4. innkeeper

innkeeper Junior Member

Fantastic, Thank you for the info!