1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 GMC Sierra 2500 4x4 $8000

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by obrut, Feb 13, 2012.

1. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

2000 GMC Sierra 2500 4x4, regular cab long bed, pewter with dark grey interior, A/C, power locks, cruise, manual transfer case 174,000 miles. I will post pics later.

Plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter, cabin filter, and all fluids changed at 103,000 miles when I bought it.
    Transmission rebuilt at 125,000
    Front differential rebuilt (seals were leaking) and changed front a rear diff fluid to synthetic at 130,000
    AC Delco fuel pump, filter and regulator, plus both wheel bearings at 150,000
    AC Delco water pump and thermostat, idler pulley, both belts and A/C tensioner at 165,000
    New high output alternator and belt at 170,000
    Yokohama Geolander all terrains 265-75-16, front Bilstein shocks and front drive shaft u-joints are almost new with only 3,000 miles on them.
    Front and rear rotors and pads were done 1,000 miles ago.
    Engine oil changed every 3,000 miles with mobile oil and AC Delco filter. Transmission and transfer case fluid changed every fall, transmission filter changed every other fall.
    The truck comes with an Extang tuff tonneau cover, spray in bed liner, dual AC Delco batteries and Timbrens in the front.
    Includes setup for western ultra mount plow with 3 plugs, includes hand held control and receivers, this truck is plow ready, you just need a ultra mount plow.
    The truck runs and drives great, rockers are rusty, console lid hinge is broken and the ABS/Brake light is on. Towing mirrors are NOT included, truck will come with stock style mirrors.

This is my daily driver and plow truck, I recently bought a 2011 Silverado, I don't need two trucks.

$8000 I'm in Lemont IL
    gsxr_600@hotmail.com

2. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Silverado or Cheyenne? I am assuming Silverado.

3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

It would be neither it's a GMC

4. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

Pics
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG]

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

5. buttaluv

buttaluv Member

Good Looking Truck!

6. forwhlr989

forwhlr989 Member

any interest in selling the ultramount mount? i dont need the receivers. If so how much? Thanks

7. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

Thanks and TTT for my post

forwhlr989, if I pull the plow stuff off I would want to sell it as a package, harnesses, mounts, receiver and controller. thanks anyway

8. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

How much without the plow mount and wiring? Do you have any pics under the hood and inside? Thanks

9. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

I will get some pics under the hood and inside this weekend. I'm waiting to see if I can sell it as is before removing anything but I'm open to offers.

10. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

Sorry for the delay, here are a few pics of the interior.

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [/IMG]

11. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

And the engine bay

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

12. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

I getting ready to pull the dual batteries, timbrens, and all of the plow mounts and wiring off, any offers before I do this? After I remove the above parts I will probably drop the price to $7500 - any thoughts?

Tim

13. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Still a touch high for a reg cab nonHD. Just my thoughts. Hate to be this guy pOsting this but I think you have a really nice truck here for $5500. Have a good week

14. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

Its a nice truck to let it go for that little, 5,500 around here buys a beat up POS truck, I would just keep it if I had more room.

15. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Have you considered putting it for sale in the Illinois auto &RV magazine?

16. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

I might try that next, thanks. Anyone else looking at trucks like this, is my price that far out of line?

17. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Around me at least the price is a bit high, a friend of mine bought the same truck in a Chevy with a complete Meyer 8' snow plow before winter for $4250, I think his had around 185,000 miles on it but wasn't quite as clean as your truck is

18. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

Ya mines clean except for the rockers, most of the ones I see are beat rusty dirty dented trashed for 4-5k

19. tazred17

tazred17 Junior Member
    from canada

hey truck still have everything with it or have u pulled it of please let me know any chance of getting it closer to detroit for a look

20. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

truck still has everything in the pictures, I haven't taken anything off, just to remind you the towing mirrors do NOT come with the truck, I have the stock mirrors to go with it. Truck is ready to plow, just hook up a western ultra mount plow and go. How serious are you, I'm might drive a little to meet you if your serious. I'm about 25 minutes to Indiana border, let me know.