1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 gmc k3500 - any advice

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ernest, Nov 25, 2007.

1. ernest

ernest Member

Looking at this truck - would this be considered a heavy duty because its a k3500.anyone
    own one of these & did it make a good plow truck or would u avoid it .

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Do you have any pics or any more info on it?? A K3500 will definatly make a good plow truck. Just if it is dually, diesel, etc we will be able to better answer your questions

3. Jgrub75

Jgrub75 Member

I have a 91 K3500 extended cab dually. It has a 9' meyer on it and it plows like a champ.

4. ernest

ernest Member

Its not a dually or diesel I do know its a 7.4 8cyl. with125k - according to the paper.its a reg. cab

5. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

trust me that 454 will push like crazy we have one and it never runs out of power. its my favorite truck and we have newer diesels but i still like the big block horsepower and torque.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It would do the job just fine... it'll be a little hard on gas but the extra power the 454 has will make up for it.

Btw, since you haven't seen the truck in person yet, is there a pic in the ad? Are you aware that it would be an old body style truck? Just checking...

7. gcsupraman

gcsupraman Senior Member

That would make an awesome plow truck!!