1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 GMC 1500 Unimount frame 63301 needed

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by fishdoktor, Aug 29, 2012.

1. fishdoktor

fishdoktor Junior Member

I bought a Western V-plow, guy said it would fit my 2000 GMC.......should have measured it, but it was too hot out. My bad......mount that came with it is 1 1/2 inch wider than my frame rails, center to center. all other parts on mount are there, just need the right 63301 frame mount. Prefer used. Thanks in advance.

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

so you have a 1500 Silverado, and you figure he gave you the wrong main piece across the front of the frame, but the correct thrust arms? that sounds odd. do you have pics of the parts he gave you?

3. fishdoktor

fishdoktor Junior Member

They are there but........

they have been cut off from the old truck it was on. I can get some pics if it will help, but the mount that I have is 1 1/2 inch wider than my frame rails, center to center. Thanks for your reply, Mitch.

4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

is your truck a 2000 chevy 1500?

5. fishdoktor

fishdoktor Junior Member

Yes.

It is 2000 GMC 1500 Ext cab 4x4.

6. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

You will probably have better luck just looking for a whole used mount. Anyone who has that front frame would probably have the thrust arms bolted to it anyway. And the thrust arms are the easiest way to tell if you are looking at the 1/2 ton instead of the 3/4.
    here's what you need:
    http://library.westernplows.com/ddcommon/dd_pdf/pdfs/63352_100102.pdf
    and here's the 3/4 ton that you don't want:
    http://library.westernplows.com/westernplows/pdf/63358_061502.pdf
    notice the difference in the thrust arms. that's the easiest way to tell them apart. the one the guy gave you is probably the latter.