1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 Freightliner FL70 Dump Truck

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ChevKid03, Feb 22, 2014.

1. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I am putting my 2000 Freightliner FL70 6-wheel dump truck up for sale. I purchased it last spring and just don't use it enough. It has 43,xxx original miles on it. That's right... only 43,xxx. The truck has never had a sander or plow on it. It has the CAT 3126 300hp engine and the 8LL transmission. This truly is a big truck soul in a 33k gvw chassis. 10' dump body is in excellent shape. The tires are like new all around (Rears are brand new not recaps). This is a turn key truck. Pre - emissions with air to the rear and pintle. I am asking for $24,000 as this is my payoff. Any questions please feel free to e-mail me. TTigano@Verizon.net.

2. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

3. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Pics? I assume by six wheeler you mean just a single axle in the rear? With the 33,000 gvw it must be. I just ask because most tandem rear axle trucks are called six wheelers

4. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe in chicago, but tandem rear trucks have 10 wheels

Pics would be appreciated

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

LOL, kinda what I was thinking.

6. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

We'll give you a pass on this comment! Know it's been a long and tough year for you guys! bump it up

7. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

Yes, they would.

8. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

maybe he is talking about a tandem with super singles LOL

9. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Thanks for the pass. Lol. Yeah, anyone near Chicagoland calls tandem rears a six wheeler. Only count what u can see. Just the way we r around hear I guess. But send some pics over. Ryanseptic @ g m a i l. com. No spaces in that tho

10. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I've always wonder that also, a 6 wheeler with tens.....but yea around these parts their known as 6 wheelers

11. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Sorry fellas. Haven't been on the site in a few days. I will get some pictures tomorrow and email them.

12. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I have a few pictures on my phone that I can't upload. If anyone is serious then feel free to leave or message me your email or phone number and I can send them.

13. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Use photobucket. They have a mobile app thats great

14. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

15. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Sharp truck. Bump it up.....even if your name is a bad word ;)

16. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

Nice 6 wheeler - sharp truck. Good luck with the sale.

17. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Thanks. I drive a dodge now...lol