1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 Ford F350 wiring

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by oliversgreen, Dec 7, 2014.

1. oliversgreen

oliversgreen Junior Member

Anyone know where I could get the wiring schematic for lights? I have no brake lights or turn signals

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Probably the multifunction switch. They are known to go bad on Ford's quite a bit

3. oliversgreen

The wiring has been messed with prior to me owning it, for example you put it in reverse and the brake lights come on.

4. dieselss

That could just be the sockets in the rear. The reverse lights operate from the switch on the trans

5. oliversgreen

Ok thank you I'll look into that.

6. dieselss

If you still.need the diagrams I can txt you the pics. Pm me if you still need them

7. MBB

MBB Senior Member

another though GEM module behind the fuse array under dash, sometimes windshield develop leaks in corners drips on module causing all sorts of weird shorts no function problems. known issue

8. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

Have you checked the bulbs? Not being sarcastic my 02 same thing happened. I was going crazy trying to figure it out spent the better part of a day doing what you are. Popped the covers every bulb from the cargo light back was blown. Replaced them and I still do not know why it happened.

9. mrv8outboard

mrv8outboard Senior Member

Here are the schematics for the Brake,Turn and Hazards.

Attached Files:

10. mrv8outboard

These schematics are for the Back Up Lights.

Attached Files:

11. mrv8outboard

Most times it is the multifunction switch as previously stated. There are times that a prior attempt to repair is now more an issue than the original cause. This sounds like your situation. Fix what some one altered trying to repair then diagnose the original issue.

12. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I'd first be checking the round 7 trailer connector. Lots of corrosion in those things (espicially if not used frequently) will cause all kinds of lighting and shifting problems...
    Then Id check multifunction switch starting with the hazard lights, used to have a bunch of problems with that not allowing the brake lights to work. Usually just turning them on and off a few times would get them working again.

13. mrv8outboard

The trailer light circuits are on separate multiple fuses in the under hood fuse box.