1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 Ford F250 4x4 Issue

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by TheXpress2002, Feb 5, 2010.

1. TheXpress2002

TheXpress2002 2000 Club Member
    from Canton

Does anyone have a copy of a wiring diagram for a 2000 F250 or there abouts. I am looking for the 4x4 aspect of the drawings?

I am having a 4x4 issue. The transfer case motor is working. The fuses are working properly, and I have no leaks or loose connections with the vacuum hoses. So I believe it is a electrical issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Do you have the combo manual locking hubs? If so, does the 4x4 work with the hubs manually locked?

3. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

I am having the same problem. And did the same motor test and replaced the dash switch. Posted a while back about ESOF. It will work for a while then won't shift in , or out, it varies. I too have manual locking hubs but still a PIA. There is a circuit breaker under the hood and two relays also. Make sure and check them. I would like to find a manual lever but was told they don't exist. My next step is the ECM or main computer. Pricey.

4. Well if the motor test worked the right way then you might have to replace the GEM module

5. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

same question i have. are they not working in auto? an if so do they work when manauly locked in?

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Did you check for vacuum loss with a gauge?
    It needs to hold vacuum and a gauge is the only way I know of to test that

7. Gumpy52

Gumpy52 Member

I copied a the electrical diadram I have for a 2001 Superduty shift on the fly I have , maybe it will show you what funtions you need.

img076.jpg

img077.jpg

img078.jpg