1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 Ford F-750 fuel tank problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by woodacres, Nov 6, 2007.

1. woodacres

woodacres Junior Member

My 2000 Ford F-750 with only 30,000 original miles and no winter use. The truck has developed these rust blisters on both saddle tanks, and both are leaking fuel. Has anyone else experienced this? Ford will not do anything to help in the repair. They want approx. $500.00 per tank for an aftermarket, and I cannot find any used ones at any michigan salvage yards.
  2. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Sorry Bro but thats "Found On Road Dead" Ford for ya' LOL
  3. woodacres

woodacres Junior Member

I hear Ya..........

I am beginning to think that myself. I have found that now a days no company is standing behind their equipment. I now know why the Japanese are taking over the market.
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

On a 2000, that's rediculous......is there someone of higher power you can contact (local B.B.B. or similar) to report a faulty product, not only that but one that is meant to carry explosive liquids......like i said, on a 2000 F-750, a vehicle that is built to work, that is B.S.
  5. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

I would start calling executive offices and asking to speak to higher ups.. I called GM executive offices about my 2002 Avalanche rusting out and asked to speak to Richard Wagoner who is the CEO and the lady started to stutter...LOL. They did end up fixing all the rust on the truck after a few monthes of arguing and having field reps come and look at it.It cost them 7000.00.:eek:
  6. woodacres

woodacres Junior Member

Ford is no help..........

I did call the Ford service fleet complaint department 1-800-782-8627 they had me send photos of the rusty truck saddle tanks. The gal I spoke with said that Ford's would not fix anything due to the truck being 7-years old. She told me that she passed the photos onto the engineers and they are the ones that denied the claim. Although my neighbor is an engineer in the truck division here in Dearborn,MI. and he said that the rusty tanks were an obvious product defect. He has no clue why they would deny fixing them. Thanks Ford, both my parents retired from Fords and I have always been a Ford family. But this experience has left a bad taste in my mouth and I will be buying Chevy, Dodge etc. in the near future.
  7. Greybeard

Greybeard Member
    from MA

$500 is cheap

Friend of mine has the same truck, same year, same problem. He's having Ford replace them at about $1000 each, plus all the small parts. He figures he'll spend about $3000 before he's finished. He does run a sander on the truck, though. Was yours built in Mexico, too, by any chance?
  8. woodacres

woodacres Junior Member

It indeed was built in Mexico

Greybeard the truck was indeed built in Mexico. Fords of course told me that they have had no other complaints with these tanks. Although, I told them thats funny you must not be talking to any of your dealers, because this is obviously a big problem after I spoke with a few here in the Detroit area.
  9. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Had the same thing happen to our 04. ford ended up paying for it casue I made a big deal of it. I called everyone I could think of. It got to the point that ford sent 2 guys my local dealer to look at it. Told me it was my fault. Told them it was their fault went on for about a month. Finaly they got sick of me and just fixed it.