1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 ford 450 diesel utility

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by duramaxmeyer, Apr 12, 2015.

1. duramaxmeyer

duramaxmeyer Junior Member
    from 11971

2000 ford 4x4 Dually 7.3 powestroke.. I'm the original owner , and I've always been the only driver .. My brother works for ford so it's always been serviced at dealer every 3000 miles.. Lots of new parts.. 6 new tires, all new brakes and rotors( tears alone were 1500) no rust on truck at all.. Some dings from job sites but that's about it... New batteries, water pump alternator water pump etc... New ones arrives in 2 weeks so need gone... I'm selling for what dealer was going to give me on trade... So price is alittle negotiable but it's well worth it.. Still has fisher plow brackets and wiring for a 3 plug straight blade... I don't know how to post pics so just text or email me... 631-745-1958 or duramaxmeyer@yahoo.com
    Price is 11,500... And if u don't like the price I don't need your comments or your stupid thoughts just move on or go find something else to do for the day then add your 2 sense thanks

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

What needs to be serviced every 3k by the dealer?

Does it need 2 water pumps?

its easy to post pics.
    click on" manage attachments"
    Hint, drag the attachment window so it is larger.
    Then after you select your pic from your computer hit the up load button.

3. duramaxmeyer

from 11971

The oil and filter and fuel filter were changed every 3000 is what I wrote .. The water pump was replaced too

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

It's not, but that's OK. "My brother works for ford so it's always been serviced at dealer" so, I asked what was serviced...
    Every 3000 miles? why?
    This sounds excessive and a waste of money to me.

You can cause , excessive wear by changing the oil to often.
    Strange but true.
    and the fuel filter too every 3k?
    I thought they were good for 15k?

Good luck on your sale.

5. duramaxmeyer

from 11971

Read the listing again!! It says it was serviced at dealer every 3000 miles... Can u not read? He's a ford mechanic for 18 yrs so I go with what he says not what you think.. Thanks for looking move on

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Pics always help. And where is it located. Those 2 things generally help sell items here

7. duramaxmeyer

from 11971

I did the listing off my phone so I couldn't get pics to Load.... It's located in southold New York.. The east end of Long Island, about 15 minutes from the ferry that goes to Conneticut ( new London)
    I can text or email you pics if you'd like ? 631-745-1958

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

No. I have no interest in the truck. Just suggesting what would make it sell better. And you CAN upload pics from your phone. Need Firefox or chrome. Then click on desktop. Then insert as normal.

9. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Talk about a troll. Anyways op 3 questions

1 how many miles?

2 XL, XLT?

3 why is your name dura max yet you have a ford? Sorry had to ask.

10. duramaxmeyer

from 11971

I own a few Duramax trucks also that's where that came from
    It was a regular work truck I terior but my brother from ford got the captain chair seats with the lift up center that turns into a seat.. Mileage is 158 thousand.. Tranny was done around 100 and only changed cause original had slipped since day one and I babyd it till it finally was shot .. So that was warranted ... It's a great truck the 9' body works out well for carrying materials. The four wheel drive works great.. Ummm anything else just text or call me if you'd like.. 63--745-1958... And new one came in today so I need to move on this thing

11. duramaxmeyer

from 11971

12. duramaxmeyer

from 11971

price drop

need gone not enough room in driveway!!!!! 10,800

13. duramaxmeyer

from 11971

truck has been sold please remove