1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

$2000 For Mount!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Portdriver, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Portdriver

Portdriver Junior Member

Just got off the phone with local Western dealer. They quoted me $2000 - $1750 parts - $250 labor - for everything I'd need to mount a 7.6 poly pro to my 2011 GMC 2500 w/ plow prep!!!! Are you kidding me? Are they crazy!? How in the world could it cost that much!?
  2. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

for my 05 dodge, 600 for the mount, 700 for wiring... maybe not exact, but close to that.
  3. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

So you need a mount, control harness, battery harness, headlight wiring and isolation module, relay and battery cable, a control, and installation labor... The truckside stuff is half of the complete snowplow set-up. A complete brand new plow is roughly $4500... How much did you think it would be?
  4. Portdriver

Portdriver Junior Member

Tops $1000. The $2000 got me completely off guard! And your right - $4700 for new installed. So why would I or anyone, buy a used plow for $2000?
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

They probably plan on sourcing used truckside and doing the install themselves.
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sounds like a real fair price on labor. Anytime you start building things from the parts department it gets expensive

Why when asked to appraise a good condition used plow I say the same thing $2500/3000 IF it comes with the truck side mount/wiring and control AND IS OFF THE SAME MODEL TRUCK, $700/900 otherwise
  7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

8. weareweird69

weareweird69 Senior Member

I usually pick up a used plow and fix it up. I had 1000 in my first, and 1400 in my 2nd Plow.
  9. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Been there, done that... $1600 to move a pro plus from one truck to another... :rolleyes: Came out ahead selling the plow and buying a new one. Thumbs Up
  10. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

The labour is anywhere from two to four hours depending on how hard it is to get at the headlamps and park / signal wires. (some new vehicles allow the dealers two hours just to change a head lamp bulb on one side) The expensive part is the wriing kits, iso module and the new vehicle mount. Everything costs money these days and nobody works for free. I always find it funny how the people I service plows for brag about how much money they make every winter but they complain even more when they have to pay for the equipment they use to make that money. I build service and sell during the day then I plow at night. I see it from all ends. It costs money to make money, that is the reality of business. My policy is: work hard, take care of your equipment, treat your employees with respect and hope to make enough money to be out of debt before you die!
  11. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Just off the top of my head...assuming you dont have a controller...400+ for the mount, 110 or so for iso module,controller 200+,head lamp harness 200+, control harness 180+, power/ground 50, motor relay 13, small power cable 9....add another 200 if you dont have the receivers for the mount. So, 2000.00 no...expensive none the less