1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 f450 7.3 psd 4x4 cc dump, 56k miles

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Maclawnco, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

We just got this truck this fall. Was a retired brickman/groundmasters truck. Paid $11000 for it. We repainted it white ($2000). Did brakes, new windshield, brake controller and new 7 pin plug ($1200). Did oil pan, cam sensor, glow plugs, fuel filter, shift lever replace, flush tranny ($2600). Asking what I have into it. $16800.
    Only has 56k miles on this 7.3 diesel. 4x4 works. Have solid sides for rack body and barn doors on back. Can include a blizzard 810 (has currently) for $3000 extra. Can include salt dogg 10' 4.5 yd stainless spreader for an extra $4700.

Truck1.jpg

Truck2.jpg

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  2. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

3. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

nice truck just curious, why did they retire a truck with only 56k miles? its a 73 its not like it was some piece of junk 6 liter

4. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Im assuming they knew what we were about to get into with repairs and from a cashflow situation or asset usage (its been in the shop for about 4 weeks for all this), it likely made more sense for them to get new than repair what they had. Just guessing. Im fed up with landscape maintenance right now, wanting to see if I can sell my assets out from under myself and put me out of business

5. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

"Junk 6 liter". Uh oh. Better go trade mine in. ::insert eye roll here::

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

They retire trucks for age not milage. They depreciate them time wise till they're essentially "worthless" in the books and dump them off.

7. randomb0b123

from america

my trucks worth like 3000 then =[

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Ya me too, well if milage makes em even less they're in the negative! Lol

9. randomb0b123

from america

how do we do it???!!

Thread Status: