1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 F350 X-cab Powerstroke 4x4 Western plow setup, service bed

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by got-h2o, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Like the title states. Its a work truck and looks as such. It runs and drives great, and is used to highway travel. Was a fleet truck and has been maintained great. It's had new front end parts recently, 1 new batt, etc. 4x4 works good. It has 229k miles. Set up for a Western Unimount plow, and although no plow is included, I have plenty I can throw in for extra $$.

This truck is an XL but HAS power windows and locks.........very nice for a work/plow truck.

Interior is very clean aside from the drivers seat. I plan to find a used one, but time will tell. Same goes for the front drivers fender. I would personally fix the few dents/dings and paint the whole thing if I kept it.

I bought it to fix up and throw in the fleet. As of now I could use the $$ more for other things. If it doesn't sell, so be it and I will continue making it pretty to hang onto it.

I started doing a few things to it. I painted the inside of the bed, cleaned the insides of the boxes and painted them as well. I put new tailgate latches and chains on it, etc...

I have a chrome set of wheels coming for it too.

I have things like new brake pads, fuel filters, etc that will come with too.

I'm going to put another ad up for the bed alone if anyone is interested in it in the meantime. I'll also trade for a regular 8' bed for it. I have 1 service truck and don't need another.

Price is $6,995 firm.

Pics will be up shortly.

2. ATV Plow King

ATV Plow King Senior Member

When you get the pics of the truck, do you thick you can get pics of a couple plows that could go on in. List wat they are size and price.
    Thank you

-Bill

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I can but all of my plows are stored elsewhere and the truck is here. Honestly the best plow I have for it would be an 8'6" MVP. The others are all 7.6"ers. The V is pretty rough but I'll sell it cheap with the truck.

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Here are the truck pics. It has 1 new battery and I'll be replacing the other soon. It was a little weak starting today after sitting for a week or so. I put new cable ends on today, cleaned grounds and dielectric greased everything, but the 1 batt isn't load testing very well. I'd rather just freshen it up before plow season. All 4 tires have good tread, 2 I think are new. I'd just like to get my $ out of it for now. I know in the winter it will sell for more and quick, but I'd rather not wait. I'll include a somewhat rough V-plow wire the truck for it and a v joystick for an additional $1,500. Same goes for a 7'6" pro.

IMG_4332.jpg

IMG_4331.jpg

IMG_4333.jpg

5. ATV Plow King

what year is the plow. how long has it been on the truck? any problems with either of them?

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

The v-plow is older and pretty used, but that's why it's not $4k. It does the job though. The straight blades vary in age. Most are 3 springers so that puts them in the 90's. As for the truck, the plow mount has been on it for about 5 years I guess (they had a used plow installed), but only used to plow the lot for the business that owned it. The plow did NOT come with the truck. They kept it for one of their other trucks. It was a 7'6" 4 spring Pro. It wasn't plowed with commercially or for profit. A lot of front end components are new too.

No problems that I know of. It runs and drives great, shifts good, 4wd is good, etc... It came from a fleet that used it daily and was a take home truck for one of the bosses. They get new trucks around 200k is why they got rid of it. This truck was on the road every day and there's no reason it wouldn't continue doing so. I've ran it 75-80 on the highway and it drives nice and straight, no shakes or vibrations at all. I'd like to keep it but need the $$ more than to have the truck sit here right now. If I were to sell one of my other trucks instead I'd hang onto it. It's a good truck.

$12k will get you my 01
    $14k will get you my 03
    $25k will get you my 05

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

No leaks either. It's been parked in my driveway for about a month and no oil spots or anything under it.

8. ATV Plow King

I have too talk to my dad then ill let you no.

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

No prob..........

10. ATV Plow King

Sorry let me explain myself real quick.

Im only sixteen will be 17 in oct and me and my dad go in on half for all my comp supplies for insurense reasons. and everything goes in his name. so i could have my half but he may not so i gotta buy stuff around his shedual. so to speak.

And is the engine a 7.3 international turbo?

11. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Yes it is, and I understand. Take your time.

12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Still got her......................

13. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Was hoping for a quick sale assuming I priced it quite reasonably. It's going in the trader next week (missed the cutoff for this past week). It's listed there for $7,600 with no plow stuff. My offer still stands for Plowsite members for $6,995.

14. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

NEW PICS!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Goes in the book Friday

16. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Still here................for now.

17. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Still got it, lots of interest but no one has $$$. I've been using it daily, its a good truck.

18. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Leaning towards keeping it if it doesn't sell soon.

19. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Come on guys, its THOUSANDS less than comparable ones for sale, even ones on here for that matter.

Will trade for a decent skidsteer.

20. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't say thousands...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.