1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 f350 v10 gas miliage

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Dirt_Werx, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Dirt_Werx

Dirt_Werx Senior Member
    from MASS

just wondering if anyone knows what to expect for milliage from a 2000 f350 with a 6.8 v10 engine 4x4 with stock tires and no modifications, any input is greatly appreciated, thanxs again

DELBERT Member

I have a 2000 f350 4x4 v-10 34000 miles 373 rear end single cab auto cover over the box I get 13mpg city driving and 8-10 mpg pulling or plowing if the tach goes over 2000 it will drop more
  3. Dirt_Werx

Dirt_Werx Senior Member
    from MASS

thanx delbert for the info, anyone else interested in leaving there milliage/economy, plus any reviews of the engine would be much appreciative, thanx again
  4. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

I have a 2000 v10 4wd crew with 3.73ls and I get about 9 mixed driving everyday and 6 plowing
  5. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

Same here, 10 to 12 normal driving and 5-7 plowing.
  6. plowman350

plowman350 Senior Member

2003 F350, V-10 Crew cab. - all original equip.

Highway: 13mpg (with hard top tonneau cover installed)

City: 7-9mpg (regardless of if you're towing a trailer or not)

Plowing: 5mpg -

Gas bills suck......but you'll never "over-work" a V-10!

I would buy a V-8 if I had the choice today...just becuase of the gas. But gas was cheaper last year, and I found the right truck at the right time.
  7. Dirt_Werx

Dirt_Werx Senior Member
    from MASS

thanks for all the info guys, plowman- exactly how i feel, much rather a v8 gas job at this point, under 2 bucks a gallon for reg unleded and diesel is still like 2.60$, so a v8 gas is just what i am looking for, just happened to come across a good deal with a V10 gas and wanted to investigate, anyway i think ill keep looking thanks again guys
  8. Smitty58

Smitty58 Senior Member

I have a 05 F-350 srw 4x4 with the 4.10 rearend. I get a consistant 11 mpg. I just filled and put 160 miles since last fill up and used 14.6 gal. It currently has a full skid (49 bags at 50lbs each) in the bed. I can't believe there is that much difference between the 05 and one a couple of yrs old. Would I buy another V-10, yes without hesitation the power is worth it.