1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 f350 heater not working

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ricothunder, Jan 1, 2009.

1. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

the blower isnt turing on i checked the blower fuse and thats good i cant find the blower relay its not in the fuse box like the manual says... i also have a wabasto heater in the truck and when that is turned on the blower works than so i am lost ..... any help would be great

2. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

still looking for some help i put power to the blower works fine.... so i looked at the fues all good i am just lost with the relay that ford is saying is in the power control box the manual says there is 8 in th ebox and i only have 3 so lost any help would be great

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

You have no blower to the heat or no heat with the blower? No blower it could be the resister for the blower motor or the switch. The high speed was a direct connection to the motor in years past. The heat control is dependent on the dash control and the water control module. Both are dealer only parts as far as as I have found. The dash mounted heat control should have no resistance to turning. If it does it has a problem.

4. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

found the prob

it was the blower resister thanks for the help

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

If it ever feels like the volume of air flow is down pull the motor and check inside the housing. I have found a few Fords that had a housing full of leaves and pine needles. My mom's Cutlass had a huge mouse nest in it. Now that took some work by the mice.

6. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Try some Ford forums, they have always seemed to help me out with stuff like that.