1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 f350 diesel upgrades

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Timbercrk1, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Timbercrk1

Timbercrk1 Member

Hey guys,
    Lookin to upgrade some stuff on the 350. gonna do new shocks all the way around. front end i want to do a small lift 2" or 2.5" to get bigger tires mostly wanna go taller. What are your suggestions on the front? for lift and whats the biggest tire i can get under there with out it rubbin when turning? I run a wideout. Will doing any of the following effect the plow at all? do I need to do adjustments to the plow angle etc. when done or should it stay the same with the plow? Looking for any advice you got. Thanks!
  2. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 2001 f350 diesel srw, I got 35'' tires with a overload spring and it rubs just little when i turn all the way to the left. So I would definitely go under 35'' if your going to run a wideout unless you put airbags on the front.
  3. plowingkid35

plowingkid35 Senior Member

I run air bags in all my trucks and have no complaints with them at all! They are Air Lift bags (brand name) easiest things in the world to install on these trucks, took me about 30 minutes on each truck.
  4. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

You dont need air bags. X code front springs with a add a leaf will support the plow. I ran these with a Blizzard 8611lp for years with no adverse effects. In fact i have the spring for sale if you are interested. PM me.
    As far as tires you want to find a 255/85/16 if possible. These are 33" tall and fit the factory rim perfectly.
  5. broncscott

broncscott Member

I run air bags in the rear. Work great. Scott
  6. Bigfoot Brent

Bigfoot Brent Senior Member

I run LT285/75R16's on my '01 F350 SRW with stock suspension and they fit fine. They are considered too wide for the factory 7" wide wheels by some tire manufacturers but fit fine.