1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 f250?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by clncut, Oct 14, 2008.

1. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

My friend is looking at a 2000 F250 SD with the V10. He says the truck is solid with a few minor dents and dings, no leaking fluids that he could see and has a 2000 Western hanging off the front end. He drove the truck and noticed to major findings. His concern is the truck has 130,000 miles and is a gas vehicle. He asked me to pick your brains as to see if you guys felt this truck should be purchased. The guy who is selling the truck is asking 6500.00. What do you think?

2. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

3. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Have him take it to a reputable dealer and have the front end checked out. There are regular issues with those vehicles needing front end work.
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Take it from someone that has bought a used plow truck. Think it over very carefully. You can drop major dollar's in repairs. Major dollar's in parts if you do the work. It is being sold for a reason most times. Like a major repair is about to be needed like a transmission replacement. The front end may need all the major wear parts replaced. With a used plow truck you need to have the skills, tools and a warm place to work on it. If you have to pay to have it fixed you may never see any profit.
    The price is high too in my opinion.
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Definately check a used plow truck out very carefully.
  6. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

id pass on it. i would never buy a used plow truck personally, id rather find one virgin to plowing then set it up myself so i know it was never abused in that aspect. i too think there selling it because something is wrong with it and the price doesnt seem that good either.