1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 f250 super duty

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jpang115, Oct 24, 2007.

1. jpang115

jpang115 Junior Member

well my transmission went on my dodge the other day and now im in the market for a used truck. There is a 2000 f250 for sale at a local dealer they are asking $9,800 it is equiped with a fisher v plow , new tires and has about 130,000 on the odometer...the truck looks to be in great shape the interior is emaculet, there is no under body rust or fluids leaking.....any way do you guys feel this is a good deal or should stay clear of a high mileage truck...also, is there any know problems that i should look out for with this model year?

one more thing if any one has a subscription to carfax or something like that would you mind running the vin? 1ftnf21l9yea75884

thanks in advanced,
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Think long and hard about buying a used plow truck. Unless you can do most of the wrenching on it. The truck may need a transmission soon. I would bet it's on it's second one with that many miles. My truck got the name " The Big Red Drain " for a reason.
    MY Dad always said " NEVER buy a Used Plow Truck" but I didn't listen! You might be better off fixing the Dodge and searching for another truck at your leisure.
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Sounds like a very decent truck to me. Make sure to check the service records if you can. What motor is in it? Go to www.ford-trucks.com and someone there will run an oasis report for you. There are alot of plow trucks that are used but not used up. Do a very good check under the truck and see what you see.
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Just don't be surprised if you have to put some money in it. With it's age and miles it's being traded in for a reason. It's been paid for, so it may have some un-addressed problems. Your now the new owner, you have to deal with unrepaired problems / failures.
  5. jpang115

jpang115 Junior Member

thanks for the advice guys........ my father said the same thing never buy a used plow truck...so i decided to get the 1500s tranny rebuilt