1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 F250 Sd 7.3lturbo Diesel

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by somm, Dec 10, 2004.

1. somm

somm Senior Member

These Are real BIG flippin' jpeg's of our present snow rig. I cant even seem to reduce 'em :confused: for my avitar!

We use One White Ext.cab Shortbed (magnetic or no signage depending on ours or our subcontract-accounts) 2000 F250 Superduty (with 350HD springs) 4 x 4 7.3L Turbo Diesel V8 with less than 30K miles. Our plow is E60-pumped, poly-backed, MeyerMax steel bladed, 7'6 plow, (truck was just 30K mile serviced at dealer with new 4x4transaxle and autotrans fluid & filter change for $500, with new HD front brakes and drums for $400, and $400 for [$500-worth of] brand new truck tires from Sam's Club!!).

No V Box, but our class 3 hitch fits our MeyerMini Spreader for 400-500lb of salt or calcium blend spread at widths of 6 to 25 foot swaths of broadcast on relatively flat surfaces up to 15-degree slight grades. We also have walk spreader and and Toro 2 cycle thrower. 1-2 man Crew with hand tools included :eek:

Best Regards,

2. Plowlikehell

Plowlikehell Member

Copy this one then

Nice truck!
  3. somm

somm Senior Member

Thanks for help with avitar. However, a click on 'properties' -says yours copied to my disc fine, is correct file size (less than 12KB -yours is 11.5KB) but i'm still 200 x 150, where i need to be within 100 x 100 to accept in avitar editing they say. Any ideas? Great work at resizing, tho thanks i'll keep it, friend!
  4. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Here you go. :waving: Use this as an Avator.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2004
  5. somm

somm Senior Member

Thanks QMVA. Worked Great, got it saved too !
  6. somm

somm Senior Member

Thanks Again QMVA !!
    Merry Christmas Happy New Year and Best Regards everyone !!

stay true to your hourly minimums !
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2005
  7. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Next year sometime, I'm looking at buying an F250, How do you like yours? Does it plow snow very well?
  8. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Nice rig, gotta love the diesel. Plow looks like a baby in front of that big truck, especially one with enough power to push a bigger plow. Gotta keep it straight to keep from running over snow?
  9. somm

somm Senior Member

Thanks Stuff, it still runs and plows great. We bought this XLT new off the commercial Ford dealers lot w/o a snow prep package, because we wanted four sets of springs more-beefy than what they prescribed in the prep package. Our independent local mfr installed and warranted the new 450 springs we then installed, they are great, zero dip or sag to this day. Ford's standard Superduty brakes suck, so make them trade-em out for the newer "HD" brake-pads. With the weight of the 7.3L engine get ready to replace all tires and brake pads at least every 25,000 miles, or less with more severe operations.
    We don't think you'll need any ballast with a SuperDuty 4x4.

True Mower, thanks, the E-60 will pump a larger plow than our 7'6", but right now we got alot of "unwide" residential drives, and we need to be more agile in the tighter areas. We'd like to put an 8.5 on it one day though.

Best Regards
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2005
  10. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

Hey Somm nice truck. If you don't mind I'm interested in were you got your light bar/rack or what ever you want to call it. All the ones I have looked at have bars or louvers accross the window.
  11. somm

somm Senior Member

So did ours fulltilt. Our local outfitter does the railroad truck utility bodies and all they could find of this style had louvers too.

They cut off all the louvers, then sandblasted the entire assembly so all the stray "sparkler" torch marks wouldn't rust through the new prime and paint put over it, prime and paint then went on, lights and strobe assembled,wired, and grounded (with help from the big alternator and twin batteries and relays).

Best Regards
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2005
  12. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

Thanks for the info!