1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 F250 For Sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by theguynextdoor, Feb 25, 2010.

1. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

I have a black 2000 F250 with 145,000 miles. The truck needs a new transmission. I have found used transmissions on ebay for around 500 dollars. I don't have the money to fix the truck since I just spent a small fortune on my new Dodge motor. The truck is in decent shape except for the bed. The tailgate and and passenger side of the bed has a large dent. Someone hit me in a parking lot, but no idea who or what happened. The motor runs strong and just had a tune up with all new coils, spark plugs, plug wires, air filter, fuel filter. The cab is in pretty good shape. The only rust is a little surface rust on the bottom of doors, but the rest (hood, front fenders) are in good shape. The truck is set up with a 7.6ft western unimount plow right now with I would sell with or without the truck. The truck also needs new ujoints up front I believe. It is structually solid and hasn't let me down until this point. The brakes are all good, alternator and battery were replaced a couple months ago.

This thing has saved my @$$ over and over again when the other truck was down but I just don't have the money to get it going again and could use some extra money.

Asking $3000 for the truck as is plus $1700 for the plow. The truck has brand new tires which I will keep unless I get a good deal selling it. I would throw the old tires on it which still have tread. Let me know if you have questions. I will take some new pictures in the next day or 2, but here are pics from the fall.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=80359

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  2. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

what exactly is wrong with the trans?

3. theguynextdoor

My mechanic said I need a new one. It won't shift into gear. It was just grinding for a little bit untill it didn't work at all.

4. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

The post say's western plow but it is pictured with a Snow way plow and control???? Can you get some better pictures of the dent, i have a uddy with cash looking for a plow truck.
    Also what tranny is in it?

5. theguynextdoor

It does have a Western Plow. I took the snowway off a few months ago. I have the snow way for sale also with all the mounts/wiring.

The truck has an automatic transmission. 4x4 of course. I will get some new pictures today and post them asap.

6. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Thanks. I'll forward them to him as soon as you post.

7. theguynextdoor

Thanks. Ill try to get them up tonight.

8. snyderandco

snyderandco Junior Member

might be ineterested where in NY are you located

9. theguynextdoor

I'm in Amherst outside Buffalo NY. The Truck is located at my garage on Transit Road in 14051.

10. theguynextdoor

Here are some pictures. I forgot my key to the garage so I'll have to get plow pics later.

DSCN1222.jpg

DSCN1221.jpg

DSCN1219.jpg

DSCN1218.jpg

DSCN1213.jpg

11. theguynextdoor

More pictures

DSCN1214.jpg

DSCN1215.jpg

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Is the truckside plow stuff included for that price?

13. theguynextdoor

I would prefer to sell it all together, but If you want the mount and wiring I'll leave it on the truck for another $400. To answer your question, it was not included in the truck price, but if you're interested I'll leave it on there.

14. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

looking for a unimount truck side bracket and all wiring for my 2000 F250. Would you sell just that stuff?

15. windrowsnow

windrowsnow Senior Member
    from nw ohio

truck just needs a tranny? nothng else is wrong

16. theguynextdoor

It was runny great other than the tranny going last week. It may also need U-joints up front for the 4x4. The calipers, rotors, ball joints, muffler, and a few other things that slip my mind were done within the past year. Also the tune-up mentioned above.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  17. theguynextdoor

I might consider selling if I sell the truck without that stuff first, but I'll have to get back to you once the truck sells.

18. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

ok, let me know

19. theguynextdoor

I would be open to reasonable offers if anyone is interested.

20. theguynextdoor

Sold. I still have the 7'6'' unimount and wiring/mount that I will be selling.