1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 F150 & Meyers plow

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by weewilly, Jun 10, 2009.

1. weewilly

weewilly Junior Member

Hi Guys/Ladies
    I am looking to purchace a F150 4x4 and put a Meyrts plow on it to do my driveway.
    In the Meyers ezmatch sustem they list a 2000-2003 F150 4/wd (7700)
    What does the 7700 refer to (gross weight vehicle)?
    a 99-2004 f250super duty has a specification of front G A W R of 5200lb
    Please help pull a little wool off my eyes <g>
    weewilly

2. weewilly

weewilly Junior Member

20 hits and no one has a clue; glad I am not the only one.
    To those who looked and didn't have a good answer thanks for your time.
    Weewilly

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What are you trying to determine? Which trucks have a specific plow application? Or which mount you'd need for a '97-03 F150?

Which mount series will you be running, EZ-Classic, EZ-Plus, Xpress?

7700 is the GVWR btw....not sure why your comparing the GVWR of an F150 with the Front Axle Weight Rating of a super duty and I'm sure its unclear to others as well so thats likely why you haven't had a response.

A little more incite and we can help.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Maybe he's confused by why Meyrts :)rolleyes:) has ALL those numbers listed in the match guide. :cool:

Ford makes trucks in a number of configurations, the F150 is available with more then one GVWR. the 7700GVWR truck is the only unit that can accept a plow. The reason for all the different F250 listings are the various front axle ratings/engine combinations allow for different size/types of plows. If you 2000 F150 does not have a 7700GVWR then you can not install a Meyer plow on it, nor most other manufacturers plows either.

As B&B said more information in a clearly formated question will get better response

5. weewilly

weewilly Junior Member

Thank you Basher you waded thru the muck in my mind and found a pearl I guess because they stated 7700 I wasnt sure is it was a pound specification axel specification or what thank you
    Weewilly

6. sbt1

sbt1 Member

It's Meyer not Meyers. No "s".