1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 F-350 Suspension

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by ducku66, Oct 2, 2005.

1. ducku66

ducku66 Junior Member
    from ct.

I have a 2000 F-350 Crew Cab Diesel Dually 4 wheel drive 8 ft bed. The truck has never plowed and maybe pulled a 5th wheel trailer 10 times. When I drive down the road and go over bumps, the truck makes a rubbing sound (almost like one of the tires is rubbing on the wheel well or something). I have changed my tires, upper and lower ball joints, universals, all of which needed to be changed anyway and still have this noise. The only thing left that I can think of is the shocks. Can anybody help?
  2. ironworks01

ironworks01 Member

I have seen these trucks with loose u bolts on the front axle's to springs. check it!!!!! It is usually the driver side..
    good luck
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

How about the sway bar bushings? Might try spraying them with some WD40 ETC and see if that clears it up. Jack up the truck and see if there are rub marks on any of the shocks when they are fully extended. One may of got some trauma at one time and the shroud is out of round or dented or a rock jammed in. Roll under it with a creeper and look for loose stuff too. Exhaust pipes come unhooked from hangers all the time.