1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 F-350 Lights out!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by screedworks, Feb 5, 2003.

1. screedworks

screedworks Junior Member

My 2000 F-350 has no parking or dash lights. I checked all fuses in the cab and under the hood. I also installed a new headlight switch, still no lights. I could really use some help.

2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

There are several underhood fuses that power the lighting circuts. Trailer and truck running lights are fused seperatly. Also there may be a relay depending on outfitting for your F350 that controls the power to the headlight switch.

We see most of these occur when the trailer plug gets shorted out and blows the under hood fuse.

Jerre

3. screedworks

Thank you for your reply Jerre. The plug is probably a mess from spreading salt. My headlights,turnsignals and brakelights all work. I checked the small fuses in the power distribution box under the hood. They were all ok. I will dig a little deeper and see if any of the larger fuses are bad. I will let you know. thankyou.

4. fordman

fordman Senior Member

The same thing happened in my Dodge. It turned out it was a blown fuse, most likely caused by my old 4 pin trailer plug that I never use.

5. screedworks

Thanks for the info Fordman. Ijust got home to tear into it. Thanks again

6. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

MAYBE THIS WILL HELP

Last edited: Dec 25, 2005
  7. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

WILL EMAIL YOU WIRING DIAGRAM

AS SOON AS I CAN GET ON

CARDOCTOR