1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 F 350 8' bed.

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by TLK380, Jan 1, 2015.

1. TLK380

TLK380 Member

Happy new year everybody.
    Anyone knows of a place that I can buy a rust free 8' bed for a 2000 f 350?
    Located in New York. (Long Island )

2. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

3. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

I just saw one today in Fairfield Ct right near 95. Black Rock Turnpike area.

4. TLK380

TLK380 Member

Thanks guys.
    There is nothing in this area with no rust.
    All trucks have rust issues with the rear fenders and bed rails.

5. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

ask at the truck shops where they build wreckers and dump trucks for municipalities. they get brand new takeoff beds all the time, and sell them at reasonable prices.

6. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Where exactly.

7. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

I feel your pain. We have 11 Super Dutys going all the way back to a couple of 2000's. Everything from the 2006 back is rotting out big time with the rear fender lips, rocker panels and front bed cross members being the worst. We gave up trying to find rust free beds up here and have started to convert to flat beds with headache racks. A little more work with wiring, but it appears to be cheaper over all. Good luck!

8. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

9. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Right near the entrance ramp by The Black Rock Oyster bar. The guy sells used cars on the corner. Its yellow, looked rust free but I did not get out to look.

10. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Ok. Thanks.

11. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

No offense but 2500? I bought a 2015 take off, bumper, lights, gate, spray liner, bolts everything for 1200. New from Ford they are less then 2000 no lights, bumper, bolts.

12. tjctransport

i have one here in central jersey that is pretty clean i will let go for $600

13. TLK380

TLK380 Member

Hey tjctransport.
    Can you post a photo of it?
    Also what year was the truck that came out of?

14. tjctransport

yea, if it ever stops raining i will. it came off a 2000 with 35,000 miles on it.
    truck was in a fire and melted the dash electrical. i got it to use as parts for a 2004 i picked up that was wrecked.
    i ended up putting a flatbed dump on the 04, so i do not need the bed because all the other superduties are short beds.

15. TLK380

TLK380 Member

Thanks. I appreciate it.

16. Engineer44

Engineer44 Junior Member
    from Chicago

There is a place in Indiana that sells a lot of beds. They have new "take off" beds that they get from down south. I bought one last month, I was close enough to pick it up though. DLHD Inc. is the name of the place their # is 574-867-1300 or you can look at the web site DLHD Inc.

17. 97f250Heavyduty

97f250Heavyduty Senior Member

I'm from the island as well, I was looking earlier this year(still need to get one) but there is a guy in mass that gets new take offs all the time. I have his number somewhere if you want. Seems like a very nice guy.

18. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

19. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Is that cl seller serious. Great condition my ass. It has the typical wheel well rot from the foam ford puts in between the pinch welds. The rot will only get worse.

20. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I know I was going to say the second to last picture has some rust on it