1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2000 F-250 PSD ? Good Price?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by exmark1, Apr 15, 2009.

1. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I am looking at a 2000 F-250 Ext Cab Short Bed XLT Truck
    7.3 Diesel, Automatic, 4x4, Very Clean on small spot on the seat & a tiny scrape on the passenger side way rear by the bumper.

It has 102,000 miles on it, never a 5th wheel or gooseneck on the truck! Comes with a tool box, running boards etc...

The dealer is "asking" $13,995 for the truck... I think they would take around $12,000.

Any opinions on this deal, it would be a no trade deal! As I would be selling my 2) 1995 Ford trucks if I buy this one!

2. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

Buy a duramax lol

3. exmark1

Leaning towards it if the bank comes around... this is at a dealer who has financing. Kind of back up plan of sorts at this point

4. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Why?.............

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Why not? :p

6. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Hmmmmm LOL

7. exmark1

Any opinions on the price or the truck that maybe helpful...

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I think the price is average, maybe a little high. If you search around you'll find one much cheaper. Dealer Financing is the only plus.

9. exmark1

It's at a Ford dealer so one would expect the price to be on the higher end of the spectrum...Solid running, driving truck! Only negative is it will need tires by next winter.

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Well to me it sounds like you've already made up your mind.

11. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

That being said, about 3 months ago I passed up an 01 7.3 XLT 4x4 with the leather captains chairs, yada yada, a Boss 8' RT3, X-cab short bed 140k miles for $8k. It was green with tan and had this running board/flare setup that ruined it for me. But, my point was the asking price. It too was a Ford dealer. They were asking $10k and my buddie knew the salesman.

Granted, this was when fuel was nearly $5 a gallon.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  12. exmark1

My mind is not made up til it's in my driveway...

13. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I would only give them $10K. It's a truck and should be happy your interested in buying it in my opinion.

14. exmark1

Well I bought the truck today, going to get it tomarrow nite! Bought it for $12,000 out the door, and they are putting new tires on it before I get it.

This is the only picture I had so far, I took it with my cell phone on the test drive!

I was also wrong on the milage, it only has 101,000 not 110,000 like they told me at first.

2000 F-250 Diesel.jpg

15. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

because they only come in a GM

16. exmark1

lol so true...been there twice, they were both good trucks though!

17. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

That engine is just broke in. Take care of it and it will go another 200K +. Make sure the underside is not real rusted. That's where it will kill the truck early in it's life.

18. exmark1

It's amazingly clean! The first owner was a truck driver, so the truck say alot in the garage while he was gone. Never had a gooseneck or 5th wheel, the receiver hitch looks new inside!
    There is no rust except on the shocks under the truck!

19. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

How many trucks do you buy/sell in a year? Your sig is constantly changing.

20. exmark1

Alot...I have a cousin who is a salesman. Most of them I buy wholesale etc.

I am done for a good while now though, I have 4 solid trucks that all are red. I will drive them til replacement is needed, I have been upgrading the fleet over the past year and selling off rusted, old trucks that look tacky!

Alot of this was funded by the awesome December we had up here!